Thread: Question about general and faction leader attributes.

Default Question about general and faction leader attributes.

Hey guys not sure if this has been answered before but how do the main attributes such as Command, Confidence, Authority, and Influence work exactly in EB2. I did not see the mechanics behind it posted in the FAQ. Has it been talked about somewhere else?

Default Re: Question about general and faction leader attributes.

I am curious about this too. They are there, they do increase and decrease...but the trait seem to dominate I guess?
    I mean, command is always like 0 for all characters.
    What does influence do for instance when they are educated?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogukan View Post
    I mean, command is always like 0 for all characters.
    This is a bug that should be fixed next release. https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ll-never-rises

Yeah I have noticed that command stars are hard to come by. What I really meant though is what bonus do command stars provide? I am assuming that confidence provides some sort of morale boost but what about authority and influence? Authority could be linked to city management and loyalty of generals and influence could deal with relations to other factions? All of this is just guess work though. Any Team members care to shed some light on this?

This is all guesses and inferences from the various previews and from what I can tell from having played.

Command-Mostly self explanatory, but gives a bonus in auto resolve, your troops are less likely to rout on the battlefield etc.

Confidence-This characters ability to lead troops on long campaigns and retain an army during sieges and the like. So ten is Alexander and zero is a local chieftain defending his town. Low confidence means troops are more likely to desert.

Authority- The ability of a faction leader to hold his faction together, works with loyalty to determine whether a general will turn coat. I'm not sure but may reduce public order?

Loyalty-Again, pretty self explanatory. But reduces your generals chance to rebel etc.

My guesses for Confidence are mainly from the short team AAR (which I can't find right now) on the Aedui.

I'm going to do a little bit of shameless self promotion here: check out my Sweboz AAR for EB2 (alas discontinued)
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...irst-among-Men