Thread: Chrome problem

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Chrome problem

Chrome updated to version 37 last night - and it created all sorts of problems.

My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and right now Google is all sorts of blurry, horrible scaling and it pretty much looks horrific. Fonts are bigger and everything seems changed and totally unnatural. I'm pretty sure others are experiencing this problem so...

...any solution to this?

I googled around and I saw people experiencing the same problem, but not much help for me.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Chrome problem

Are you certain you are not zoomed in?
    Use control and mouse-wheel to change it, or click on the zoomer next the favourite start to reset.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

No, it's not about the zoom, it's about the DirectWrite script/add-on they inserted into the new version. Even if I disable it, my Chrome looks really bad now.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Just try reverting to the previous Chrome version.

No need for that, I did find a workaround with a custom line added to the Chrome properties. Works like before now.

Proud

Been to: