Thread: What stands out for you?

Default What stands out for you?

EB2 was worth the wait. Not enough can be said on that im sure most will agree.

What has stood out for everyone as they play?

I have to say the factions I have explored so far that have wowed me are the Boii, the Lugiones, the Romani and Kart Hadast.

I do want to see the unique Boii units in the 2nd release, but for now the location and feel of the faction is great.

I am also overjoyed by the quality of all the slinger units I have seen. As a modern sling enthusiast I was most excited to see how they would look and feel. If you look closely you can even see the herring bone braid pattern on the Balearic slings!!

Also the Etruscan Hoplites are a really nice addition, adds extra historical dimension and feel to the Romani.

Default Re: What stands out for you?

Is "everything" an acceptable answer? I just love everything.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Three things: the addition of historical Italian units (hastati sabelli, Etruscan hoplites, etc.) to the Romani, the colonization scripts and the Kingdom of Pergamon. I just started a campaign with them and they are VERY fun.
    My Balloons:

I really like their solution to the speed of culture conversion. Some M2TW mods allow a conversion rate that with a 4tpy mode is simply too unrealistic, even at the lowest level of 1% it would only take 25 years to convert a region to 100%. We know from history that it took rome 200 years to pacify spain and even then there were regions where it was never truly conquered. EB2 is the first mod I have come across that has solved it by having to build a series of buildings before any conversion can take place meaning it takes far longer to truly convert its a very good idea that adds to the realism.
    Goth
    Last edited by Goth47; 08-29-2014 at 12:01.

Details in equipment of units, stunning province descriptions, colonization, and the new factions, so far. I've only scratched the surface with a Macedonian campaign, and I keep thinking how many more amazing factions I have to try.

It was well worth the wait, I'm loving every minute of it.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Those beautiful, beautiful javelin throwing animations...all the animations...

Member thankful for this post:

Ice