Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Default Re: NEW EB Campaign testing AI !!!

Your first link is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Your first link is broken.
    http://ge.tt/9d2m1xv1/v/0

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    Out of interest, why don't you use the attachment function on the forum, instead of hosting the files externally?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Out of interest, why don't you use the attachment function on the forum, instead of hosting the files externally?
    I will look at that QS ..im not to familiar with this forum ...but a little time and study will remedy that..cheers.

I will look at that QS ..im not to familiar with this forum ...but a little time and study will remedy that..cheers.
    It works the same both here and on TWC; open up the full editing ("Go Advanced") and scroll down to Manage Attachments. That opens a new dialogue box where you can upload the file, then insert it inline.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Thanks

1) I'm confused, is this the same CAI that's included in 2.01?

2) Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I noticed that the CAI in 2.01 allows in some instances to juggle on ceasefire: I was playing with Sweboi and had just started a full invasion on england, when a full stack Lusotannan army landed next to my recently captured city of Maidunon, sieging it (only a few units plus my heir inside). This happened out of the blue and could have messed up my campaign for many turns, but then I noticed that I could basically always just ceasefire (very generous) the Lusotannan siege away turn after turn until my reinforcements arrived. The AI would declare a new war on Lusotannan turn for five or so turns in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylonbeast View Post
    1) I'm confused, is this the same CAI that's included in 2.01?

2) Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I noticed that the CAI in 2.01 allows in some instances to juggle on ceasefire: I was playing with Sweboi and had just started a full invasion on england, when a full stack Lusotannan army landed next to my recently captured city of Maidunon, sieging it (only a few units plus my heir inside). This happened out of the blue and could have messed up my campaign for many turns, but then I noticed that I could basically always just ceasefire (very generous) the Lusotannan siege away turn after turn until my reinforcements arrived. The AI would declare a new war on Lusotannan turn for five or so turns in a row.
    there are 2 versions of CAI atm ...2.1 release version and 3a wip ..see op.

Have been playing today for about 20 turns after a long break (holidays). I continued my Aedui campaign, conquering the Italian penninsula against Rome. What I noticed, the AI seemed quite reluctant to attack me when numbers were about equal or only slightly in their favor (approx 3:2, 5:4,...) even when the quality of their troops was better. So it happend twice that I was besieging a town and instead of attacking me with the stack neraby their forcec marched away and left their cities defenceless. (Odds were so muach in my favour then that even auto-resolve was sufficent ;-) )

On the other hand as I concentrated all my forces against the Romans, the Greeks (KH dominating Balkan penninsula) shipped a 3/4 stack behind my lines and attacked Felsina. I managed to defeat them and make peace a few turns later but it was still a well performed nuisance. And when the Roman war made progress again the Lugiones came from the North!! (having expelled the Sweboz previously).

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos Karchedonios View Post
    Have been playing today for about 20 turns after a long break (holidays). I continued my Aedui campaign, conquering the Italian penninsula against Rome. What I noticed, the AI seemed quite reluctant to attack me when numbers were about equal or only slightly in their favor (approx 3:2, 5:4,...) even when the quality of their troops was better. So it happend twice that I was besieging a town and instead of attacking me with the stack neraby their forcec marched away and left their cities defenceless. (Odds were so muach in my favour then that even auto-resolve was sufficent ;-) )

On the other hand as I concentrated all my forces against the Romans, the Greeks (KH dominating Balkan penninsula) shipped a 3/4 stack behind my lines and attacked Felsina. I managed to defeat them and make peace a few turns later but it was still a well performed nuisance. And when the Roman war made progress again the Lugiones came from the North!! (having expelled the Sweboz previously).
    is this version 3a or the release version 2?

3a as far as I remember. Campaign difficulty: high

@GRANTO What do you think is the better AI experience for a good campaign atm? This official campaign AI (2 or 3a) or Piter's AI?

Also, does 3a in any way make the AI spawn less silly numbers of doomstacks? Is there any fix for this you guys recommend that we can alter any file? Thanks! @V.T. Marvin

Hi guys,
    Do we need this campaign file as well as the EB II program or just the current build of EBII?

Hello,
    Do we overwrite the BAI's battle_ai_config witht the CAI or other way round

As told by Moros:

Installation instructions:
    1. unzip in your mods\EBII\data folder, make sure it overwrites the old files.
    2. delete the map.rwm file within the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base directory.
    3. Lauch a new campaign for a new map.rwm to be generated.
    4. Play this new campaign or a save. Hard or Very hard campaign difficulty settings are advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigrin View Post
    As told by Moros:

Installation instructions:
    1. unzip in your mods\EBII\data folder, make sure it overwrites the old files.
    2. delete the map.rwm file within the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base directory.
    3. Lauch a new campaign for a new map.rwm to be generated.
    4. Play this new campaign or a save. Hard or Very hard campaign difficulty settings are advised.
    I don't think you read my post properly theirs two files which override the original battle_ai_config file one from CAI and one from the BAI the last modified date is with the CAI so I guees that's the one to overwrite the BAI with

Quote Originally Posted by Lizardo View Post
    I don't think you read my post properly theirs two files which override the original battle_ai_config file one from CAI and one from the BAI the last modified date is with the CAI so I guees that's the one to overwrite the BAI with
    Yep, install the BAI first, then CAI.

Member thankful for this post:

Risasi 

Thanks Quin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234