Thread: Problem with building colonies

Default Problem with building colonies

I'm playing as the KH for about 100 turns now and I've been getting the message to build colonies for a while but hadn't had any non-Hellenic city so I didn't worry about it. However I've taken a good bit now and I still cannot build colonies. I saw that you earn colonists every 16 turns for however many Metropolis's you have. I have at least 3 and it's been 16 turns since taking over said cities.

So I decided to look them up in the building list. Found them and saw they need Strategic Fortifications first. Well the only way for me to build that is to have the city as an Allied Polis(by the way, the building list does not include this what-so ever however it is only accessible after you first build Strategia, the military occupation government) but you should be able build it under the 2nd level of military government as well, at least the requirements say that. I'm not sure if you should be able to build it under the other governments as well. Anyway, even if I build Strategic Fortifications, I still cannot build colonists. It's only a problem because I now cannot convert the culture at all which means I have to leave a sizable force to maintain the peace.

If there is a way to build it without me knowing please let me know, I probably overlooked it!

Default Re: Problem with building colonies

On a related note: is their a way to let the advisor stop saying you can send out colonists? Its pretty annoying :p.