Thread: Bad discipline

Default Bad discipline

All my generals seem to end up with Bad Discipline traits, for some reason. Poking around in the files, I see there's a post battle trigger that checks the battle odds and what part of the enemy force you routed. Stuff like:

Condition IsGeneral
    and WonBattle
    and BattleOdds > 0.7
    and PercentageRoutedOffField > 9
    and Trait Disciplinarian < 1

Affects BadDisciplinarian 1 Chance 30

What's the deal here? What does routing have to do with army discipline?
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Default Re: Bad discipline

The whole command star gaining traits seem to be cracked a bit. But the team is working on it afaik.

The correlation between routing and army discipline, is that bad discipline leads to quicker routs. Vice versa, routing troops indicate that the discipline is bad.

However, reports have it that this trigger also takes effect even when no friendly units rout. Possibly the PercentageRoutedOffField variable counts the percentage of soldiers overall, both friendly and enemy.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Member thankful for this post:

mmiki 

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    However, reports have it that this trigger also takes effect even when no friendly units rout. Possibly the PercentageRoutedOffField variable counts the percentage of soldiers overall, both friendly and enemy.
    That might be it, since I've only had friendly units routing in one battle, and I'm getting BadDiscipline after every fight, almost.

Thank you for the response.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero