Thread: Are there naval invasions in EB2?

Default Are there naval invasions in EB2?

Anyone seen the AI do a naval invasion yet in EB2?

Default Re: Are there naval invasions in EB2?

Absolutely. In my first campaign as Baktria, the Romans managed to invade both Corsica and Illyria, also Carthage decided to invade Epirus for some reason. And now in my current Ptolemaioi campaign the Koinon Hellenon did the same with Kyrene.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I haven't seen any good ones, but yes they do them. The Romans looked like they were going to attempt Alalia with a single unit earlier in my game.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

What difficulty are y'all playing on? I'm on Medium my first playthrough and I haven't encountered anything interesting with the AI except for Ptolemaioi and the Seleukid Empire war. And that hasn't gone to well for either sides either.

I play on M/M, because I'm lazy :(.

I play as Romani, because I'm awesome :)

In a recent game, I did the Sicilian campaign against Carthage. I guess I offended the oh so sensitive feelings of the Carthaginians because after I took Lilybeans (however that town's supposed to be spelled), Carthaginian forces landed *everywhere* all over Sicily. Took a good bit of work to finally put those fires out... got a truce... and then the Carthaginians did it again!

By the time I got the second truce, my poor army was worn to a nub, and the Carthaginians still owned a PSF on Sicily, with a half stack of fresh troops in it.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I play on M/M because I don't agree with hardcoded bonuses to the AI, nor with the increased aggressiveness all round.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

VH/M

I am thinking it has an effect on bribing too. I can't bribe a pack of donkeys to sing for Taksashila even with all the money in the (indian) world.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I play on M/M because I don't agree with hardcoded bonuses to the AI, nor with the increased aggressiveness all round.
    I definitely agree. More aggressive AI is not necessarily more immersive or fun AI. Certainly not more intelligent.

I witnessed quite many naval invasions in my campaign (Pergamon, H/M). KH and Ptolemaioi contested over Crete, Macedonia and KH both tried to get Kyrene, macedon won. Kimmerios Bosporos took Trapezunt, Arverni took a settlement in southern Britain. And Ptolemaioi tried two naval invasions so far after I kicked them out of Asia minor....

This version CAI {version 2} is full of naval activity and naval invasions...http://ge.tt/1IlBpos1/v/0

Member thankful for this post:

That was unexpected:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kingdoms 2014-09-02 03-02-51-73.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	397.0 KB 
ID:	14247
    And it will really hurt...
    Last edited by Thoras; 09-02-2014 at 16:20.

Member thankful for this post: