Thread: The "potential successor" became faction leader instead of heir

Default The "potential successor" became faction leader instead of heir

In my Aedui campaign, the general that I had chosen as potential successor became the faction leader directly when the old faction leader died. The original faction heir did not become leader, but remained as heir. IIRC, this did not happen in my Pergamon campaign so maybe it's the Teutonic family system that is causing trouble?

On the other hand, maybe this shows that there's a way to choose the next faction leader rather than the heir; so it might not just be a problem but an opportunity as well...

Has anyone else had this happen?

EDIT: See the attached pics below: Tankogeistla remained heir after Kokolitanos died, and Dennoros became leader.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	before.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	252.2 KB 
ID:	14241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	237.6 KB 
ID:	14242  
    Last edited by Paltmull; 09-01-2014 at 20:15.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: The "potential successor" became faction leader instead of heir

Yep, I had the same thing..kind of, happen on a Roman campaign - except it wasn't the potential successor who became the new faction leader, it was the deceased faction leader's son...

Default Re: The "potential successor" became faction leader instead of heir

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius Sempronius Gracchus View Post
    Yep, I had the same thing..kind of, happen on a Roman campaign - except it wasn't the potential successor who became the new faction leader, it was the deceased faction leader's son...
    Oh, I didn't see your thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...ing-a-new-heir)! But as you said the son apparently had the same name as the potential successor you had chosen, right?

I assumed the "potential successor" mechanic just added some trait that made the M2TW engine think the FM was a suitable heir. But apparently it's more advanced than that, since it's possible to get this effect...
    Last edited by Paltmull; 09-01-2014 at 22:53.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: