Thread: How To get Hetaroi?

Default How To get Hetaroi?

I see them in the custom battle and they are in the desr_building but I don't really understand in there what to to build , Macedon is really lacking calvary just wondering if any1 figured this out. Getting Hetaroi With Macedon?

Default Re: How To get Hetaroi?

You have to build the highest level of Macedonian government. To do that, you need to build the 3rd level of the military colony in a city that has a 'Hellenistic Metropolis'. You gain colony points every x turns by controlling metropolises (there's a popup when there's enough points to build/upgrade a colony). It takes some time to build a city up like this (my estimate is about 100 turns).

I wouldn't say you have a lack of cavalry in the meantime, though, the lancers are a decent cavalry unit, with very good effectiveness for the cost and availability.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

Hmm I was 200+ turns in had multiple Metroplis , maybe I didn't have the high level GOV

I'm not sure but I think to upgrade you have to destroy the old government, and then build military rule and then build the top government level.

EDIT: You don't need to tear down the old government, you can upgrade as long as you have the prerequisites.
    Last edited by mmiki; 09-06-2014 at 09:06.
    Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit.
    Nothing is so strongly fortified that it cannot be taken by money.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero

You need Basilika Patris, wich can be build as an upgrade of most governments. It needs metropolis and 3rd level greek colony. In most cases you will get this government earlier in Corinthos or Athenai than in Pella though.

well I ended up not going on with that campaign , but ty for the info , I will remember this for my next try at Macedon.