Thread: [AI Campaign behaviour] Is there any way to prevent/reduce fragmentation of forces?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default [AI Campaign behaviour] Is there any way to prevent/reduce fragmentation of forces?

This is not an EBII problem, it's a Total War games problem. It was as bad, if not worse in EB1, at least I do actually see armies merging.

What I'm talking about is this:

Instead of all these units being combined into a single, decent-sized stack, we have a blizzard of ultimately useless little armies which can be easily beaten piecemeal. No doubt it also slows between-turn times to be tracking the movement of seven armies rather than one.

It annoyed the ever-living crap out of me in EB1, because it prevented me ever getting decent battles out of some factions. I took to adding units to their armies via the console so that it wasn't yet another pointless cakewalk.

Is there anything that can be done to encourage the AI to merge, concentrate and otherwise combine the forces at their disposal?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Default Re: [AI Campaign behaviour] Is there any way to prevent/reduce fragmentation of force

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    This is not an EBII problem, it's a Total War games problem. It was as bad, if not worse in EB1, at least I do actually see armies merging.

What I'm talking about is this:

Instead of all these units being combined into a single, decent-sized stack, we have a blizzard of ultimately useless little armies which can be easily beaten piecemeal. No doubt it also slows between-turn times to be tracking the movement of seven armies rather than one.

It annoyed the ever-living crap out of me in EB1, because it prevented me ever getting decent battles out of some factions. I took to adding units to their armies via the console so that it wasn't yet another pointless cakewalk.

Is there anything that can be done to encourage the AI to merge, concentrate and otherwise combine the forces at their disposal?
    try the piter AI Q.S

Default Re: [AI Campaign behaviour] Is there any way to prevent/reduce fragmentation of force

Piter AI?

I second that. I posted some pics in faction progression and Piter AI submod thread. Don't know if the CAI v.2 is better but I like the Piter one a lot. Never had better TW campaign before.

It does not mean anything. The question is whether during the war at the front too so? I doubt it. If so, you can blame the fragmentation of the priorities of the invasion. I think that 1000 is then given priority The maximum priority is 3000 then the computer uses 1/3 power. I was only in diplomacy play with the fragmentation of priorities. There is a need to identify the most important purpose.

I would recommend adding to any taktych fight, not limited neutrality and alliance: at_war="true" and continue="true" If you do not continue="true" , then all commands like: alliance_against="0" pts_desire="0" pts_alliance="0" invade_priority="0" will not work together well. alliance_against="0" If you do not, then this command is not able to send a diplomat.
    Last edited by Piter; 09-10-2014 at 20:47.

ze germans are coming! lol
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

The English are coming!

I congratulate Piter. For such an awesome AI. I am still on EB 2.00 As i am scared that Piter will not work on 2.01. Piter AI seriously makes game so much more immersive. I allied with the Getai And made our relations good (Im pontus btw) and the getai actually fought and destroyed an army of makedones that were trying to make their way to me in histria.

Members thankful for this post (2):