Thread: Generals

Default Generals

I have noticed that generals never seem to rank up. They never get a command star no matter how much you use them or how successful they were. I know that the stars are mostly for auto resolve but they never seem to get positive traits either. If they do it is overshadowed by extremely negative ones. The AI doesn't seem to have this problem though. I just think that the generals would be more memorable if they became truly great after years of conquest and victory. That said a certain Magorix that unified England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland almost singlehandedly has stayed in my memory. (despite not having high confidence or command) Hope that doesn't sound like I am complaining, the game is great I just think this should be addressed in the next release. :)

Minister of Useless Tidbits Member joshmahurin's Avatar

Default Re: Generals

This is an issue we are looking into and will hopefully have fixed soon. In the meantime there is a submod another fan has made that makes things a little better.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshmahurin View Post
    This is an issue we are looking into and will hopefully have fixed soon. In the meantime there is a submod another fan has made that makes things a little better.
    It does improve this aspect, but it also seems to have done something to Coming of Age and marriage suitors. The former always seem to be Sharp/Uncharismatic/Langorous, and the latter always Sharp/Charismatic/Vigorous.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Yeah I am trying that now. Can anyone provide me with the original script for it? I forgot to back it up

Quote Originally Posted by joshmahurin View Post
    Hope you guys also check the loyalty issue... 90% of my generals/ chars are useless.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Funny, I'm not having any issues whatsoever with loyalty. Whether that's because I'm playing on Medium campaign difficulty, or I killed off a bunch of my extraneous FMs right at the start, I don't know.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Funny, I'm not having any issues whatsoever with loyalty. Whether that's because I'm playing on Medium campaign difficulty, or I killed off a bunch of my extraneous FMs right at the start, I don't know.
    Really? Mine are total useless and if i send them somewhere they will rebel asap...

I keep them all in "house arrest" at my capital. They only go out to fight.
    "Deep in Iberia there is a tribe that doesn't rule itself, nor allows anyone to rule it" - Gaius Julius Caesar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitani View Post
    Really? Mine are total useless and if i send them somewhere they will rebel asap...

If you keep them in your capital when your faction leader isn't around, that actually reduces their loyalty further (representing nobles scheming at court while the ruler is away). This applies to all factions except Rome.

I find it's best to send them to a nearby settlement as a governor- the chances of successfully bribing a settlement in M2TW is very, very low, to the point of being negligible. Also, generals cannot rebel while they're in a settlement.

I had a Sweboz diplomat repeatedly attempt to bribe one of settlements managed by a 1 loyalty general. He was not successful.
    Inactive Account- Will not respond to private messages or mentions.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitani View Post

The older, more competent ones are dispersed out to govern things, the younger ones are in the capital with the Faction Leader, unless I need one to play general. I pretty much never use my FL as a general, they stay parked in the capital running things.

I've not yet had a single FM rebel in almost 400 turns of play (three different games).

Member thankful for this post:

Thank's for the input guys. New version is out let's see how it goes.