Thread: How does Culture Conversion mechanic REALLY work?

Default How does Culture Conversion mechanic REALLY work?

I'm going mad over this. Ok, we get these Bonus 1% Cultural Conversion for colonies and crap. What does this "1% Cultural Conversion" really mean? Over what period of time does it convert 1%? I saw someone say it was 1% per 4 turns (1 year), but that's far from the true, it seems pretty random as I tested it only paying attention to it. I've been watching Capua with a colony over several turns just ending turn and looking at it, it only moved 2% in like 5 years (yes, that's a lot of turns). That's even more atrociously slow than I figured. Also, what provinces can have the Third and Fourth Roman Government types? Only Italian ones for the Fourth? Or is it just a matter of rough Culture and City level?

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Default Re: How does Culture Conversion mechanic REALLY work?

Yes, 1% per year is the intent. It's also affected by religion in neighboring provinces though, so if you are surrounded by other religions, that will slow things down. I've also heard units have some effect too, so if you are using non-Roman units in the garrison, that will probably have an effect. Here's a thread with more detail on some aspects of Roman culture.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

I'm talking about things in Italy, Capua for instance. It has a colony, it is surrounded by Roman occupied provinces, and yet it is at -18% in Western Polities Culture, and it hasn't been 1% per year at all even so, more like 1% per 2-3 years.

EBII Council Senior Member Kull's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
    I'm talking about things in Italy, Capua for instance. It has a colony, it is surrounded by Roman occupied provinces, and yet it is at -18% in Western Polities Culture, and it hasn't been 1% per year at all even so, more like 1% per 2-3 years.
    Well, give me a start year and an end year and a start level and an end level.
    "Numidia Delenda Est!"

I'm actually quite pleased it takes a while.. I think that in general it would, unless you carry out near enough genocide on the indigenous population.

Member thankful for this post:

It's 1 for 2 turns (half a year) in game files, but it is said in this file taht it's a testing value and that the real value for final version should be higer.