Thread: List of MODs for RTW and BI

Default List of MODs for RTW and BI

Hi everybody, when I played RTW the first time (a long time ago), there weren't so many MODs as now.

May someone make me a complete list with all MODs for RTW and BI (I don't have Alexander), maybe with a little briefing about which of them is worth to be installed (I mean if it's no longer supported or it crashes often)?

Thanks in advance to whom will help me.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: List of MODs for RTW and BI

Hello Matteo, welcome to the .Org .

There are hundred if not thousands of minor R:TW modifications; so trying to list them all would take weeks. If you are just talking about total conversions, there are still a dozens to go. I doubt anyone tried them all. Try browsing our Hosted Mod forums (most of them are inactive, but Europa Barbarorum is still going) and those over at the TWC.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: List of MODs for RTW and BI

So all those MODs under that sub-forum...

... aren't worth to be played?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    So all those MODs under that sub-forum...

... aren't worth to be played?
    A bunch of them are very much worth being played; it's just that their forums are rarely used these days, and I haven't played them all. In fact, I've barely played any mod other than Europa Barbarorum (EB). EB is a mod that covers the same time-frame as Rome: Total War, emphasizing historical accuracy. It's a heavy mod, but with loads of historical detail.

As an alternative, there is Rome: Total Realism. The project has the same aim as EB, but it's lighter (comparatively speaking). Extended Greek mod is also popular, as is Res Gestae (the latter is best known for its improved graphics: I don't know how much gameplay has changed). For something completely different, there are Blue Lotus (a fantasy version of Asia) and Ran no Jidai (Japanese warfare during the Sengoku period). The other projects, you'll really have to check out for yourself.

Member thankful for this post:

Matteo 

By googling, I found this -> http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods, is that updated and complete?

Ludens 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    By googling, I found this -> http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Released_Mods, is that updated and complete?
    It was last updated in June 2013, so it won't contain more recent mods (Imperium Illyricum, for example). However, few modders are still working on R:TW, so you won't miss much. Thanks for pointing me to that page: it looks like a useful resource.

Axebitten Modder Senior Member Dol Guldur's Avatar

The TWC Wiki Quickfinder tables of released mods is the most complete list you will find, even though it has not been updated for over a year. It was hard for me to find time to keep it updated (and it relied upon submissions) and others who took over from me have also suffered with the same issue. It is fully sortable though, so you can identify mods by time period, etc. The submission thread is at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Mods-TWC-Wiki
    Last edited by Dol Guldur; 09-16-2014 at 11:34.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."

Ludens 

Quote Originally Posted by Dol Guldur View Post
    The TWC Wiki Quickfinder tables of released mods is the most complete list you will find, even though it has not been updated for over a year. It was hard for me to find time to keep it updated (and it relied upon submissions) and others who took over from me have also suffered with the same issue. It is fully sortable though, so you can identify mods by time period, etc. The submission thread is at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Mods-TWC-Wiki
    Yes, I'm aware of that, after a long research on Google.

Even more so, why they don't keep it updated? I've also posted a reply in that thread you linked...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Why don't you update that page anymore? I'd be useful, I can help, if someone says me how doing it.
    ... no answer yet. TWC is gone, IMHO.

No one from their Content Staff is attending to it :(

Editing the wiki is not hard though - it's quite intuitive as you can just copy other entries and then edit.

Would you help me to find all remaining MODs available for RTW and BI, making a list and then updating the wiki? I also have to translate it into Italian, as I want to post it on an Italian forum.

I'm sorry, no can do. Too busy helping to get the Fourth Age completed.

It will only work if you get mod teams to submit the info. as per the submission thread. Otherwise you are going to have to find information that only the mod leader/teams know or you will have to instal the mods and personally find out the info...

I'll take a look at the TWC thread, but I'd suggest you contact TWC and ask to be part of their staff for updating the mods on their wiki.

Hi Matteo, don't forget Rome Total History (RTH) on your list, first released in summer 2013, which is why many are still omitting it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	999_Cleo_Antony3.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	374.2 KB 
ID:	14448

Thanks for your report, I'll include it... I'm working on it.