Thread: Eukratideia/Alexandreia on the Oxus (All Khahoum in 3D)

Default Eukratideia/Alexandreia on the Oxus (Al Khahoum in 3D)

Some of you might of seen this already on Academia.edu or YouTube. It is an artists reconstruction of Alexandria on Oxus based archaeological research. The little that has been done there, in between the conflicts that have plagued the area http://youtu.be/oyap-dAjJ6M

(More Info: Short film with a 3D reconstruction of Ai Khanoum. This is not my video: it was downloaded from youtube, and contains material from a Japanese-French documentary on the site.)
    Last edited by Antiokhos II Theos; 09-13-2014 at 16:03.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: Eukratideia/Alexandreia on the Oxus (Al Khahoum in 3D)

Very nice.
    -Silentium... mandata captate; non vos turbatis; ordinem servate; bando sequute; memo demittat bandum et inimicos seque;
    Parati!
    -Adiuta...
    -...DEUS!!!

Completed EB Campaigns on VH/M: ALL... now working for EBII!

Lost between books & coins Member DeathFinger's Avatar

Default Re: Eukratideia/Alexandreia on the Oxus (Al Khahoum in 3D)

It's an extract from "L'Alexandrie Oubliée" ("The forgotten Alexandria") a 48 mn documentary in French on Ai Khanoum, part of the 8 documentaries series called EURASIA: A LA CONQUÊTE DE L'ORIENT. Those are pretty good ones I must say, except if you're nitpicking about details on Baktria as I do

The whole episode is on French Dailymotion. I'm "sure" you can also donwload it somewhere That being said, I don't know if an English subtitled version exists or not.

Members thankful for this post (2):