Thread: Pergamon and Seleucid support against Bythinia

Default Pergamon and Seleucid support against Bythinia

This has happened to me twice now, on 2.0 and now on 2.01...I mention it only because it kinda makes the Seleucid army script pretty redundant - as far as I can see. So, I get the message about Bythinia from the Seleucids, I attack their mobile stack and the Seleucids send an army to Nikaia. I gather my forces together thinking it'll be a tight one but, with the Seleucid army as support this is a battle I can win. And then....out of nowhere a random Eleutheroi stack appears, Poseidonus I think, chases off the Seleucid army and then attacks me. Anybody else had this happen?

Default Re: Pergamon and Seleucid support against Bythinia

well, i was very pleased with such an AI surprise right at the beginning of a campaign. (the request for attacking Bithynia and a support army from them - and after capturing Nikaia three units as a gift.)

the small supporting Seleukid army were not chased away in my campaign - but i was waiting for help from them in vain as well. i layed siege to Nikaia and hoped they will join my army but instead they just turned and moved away. ..that was with the 2.0 release.
    start now again a Pergamon campaign with the new release - curious about how it works then.