Thread: HOTFIX - several correction to broken trait mechanics

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

Default HOTFIX - several correction to broken trait mechanics

With sincere apology for several broken trait mechanics I am presenting a quick hotfix that should hopefully resolve several of the most annoying ones:
    - corrected "ComesOfAge" primary trait triggers
    - removed "Starving" period for uninitialized characters
    - Spoils of Victory traits no longer suffer from anti-trait bug
    - Agoge and Olympics temporarily inactivated because of the anti-trait bug until proper implementation is made
    - triggers for Bad Disciplinarian trait containing broken "PercentageRoutedOffField" condition removed
    - Indecisive attacker trait no longer gained during sieges

export_descr_character_traits.txt

How to apply:
    - download the file into your ...\mods\EBII\data folder and overwrite existing "export_descr_character_traits.txt"
    - it should be save-game compatible (but no guarantee on that!)
    EDIT: unfortunately it is not, reportedly, save-game compatible.

Sorry for the bugs - hope this helps a little!
    Last edited by V.T. Marvin; 09-16-2014 at 20:40.

Members thankful for this post (8):

+ Show/Hide List

Default Re: HOTFIX - several correction to broken trait mechanics

Thank you! EB II - one step closer to perfection! ;-)

EDIT: I think it's not save-game compatible. at least my Bosporan-campaign doesn't work anymore...
    Last edited by Antigonos Karchedonios; 09-16-2014 at 20:26.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    With sincere apology for several broken trait mechanics I am presenting a quick hotfix that should hopefully resolve several of the most annoying ones:
    Since I had a brief look at this monster of a file I suppose it's safe to say that there is no apology needed. Infact I'm surprised that there are so few bugs in there. I don't even want to know how much time you spent writing the contents.
    So - while the hotfix is very much appreciated, the apology will be neglected by me.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I found EDCT changes were savegame compatible for me with 2.0, though not sure if something is different in 2.01.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Nope I have 2.01 and whenever I try to load the old savegame I have a CTD (I did delete map.rw and did start a new camaign). However when i switch it with the old EDCT everything works fine again.

EDIT: Don't worry I'll just play on with the old one for AI testing a few dozen turns more then I start a new one. still so many factions to try...
    Last edited by Antigonos Karchedonios; 09-16-2014 at 21:06.

I'm using it in a 2.01 savegame. I'm not sure if it's working yet, but it's not crashing the game.

[Edit] Actually, I didn't delete the map. Have to do that?

[Edit] Still didn't crash after map refresh.
    Last edited by adishee; 09-16-2014 at 21:13.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

@V.T. Marvin

This is 2.01 compatible, right? Or just 2.00?

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

This is compatible with both EB 2.00 and with EB 2.01 because the EDCT file was not changed at all between the two releases.

Awesome thanks for the fixes!

If anyone else is, like me, waiting to finish a current game before putting this hotfix, could I ask you also try my light_spear and javelineer EDU tweak as well?

It should do two things: make secondary-spear-users keep their formations properly, and hopefully make javelineer skirmishers behave properly (and actually throw their missiles).
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Sorry to ask but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to download this and I assume I download it as export_descr_character_traits.txt into the data folder. I have a steam ME2.

It asks me if I want to replace it not overwrite. Is this what I should do? I admit to being pretty computer illiterate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by olly View Post
    Sorry to ask but I'm having a bit of trouble. I'm trying to download this and I assume I download it as export_descr_character_traits.txt into the data folder. I have a steam ME2.

It asks me if I want to replace it not overwrite. Is this what I should do? I admit to being pretty computer illiterate.

Thanks
    Go to the folder where it currently is. Copy it and paste the copy somewhere else (make yourself an "EB backup folder" if you like). Delete the EDCT currently there. Download this one into the \data folder. Done!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Go to the folder where it currently is. Copy it and paste the copy somewhere else (make yourself an "EB backup folder" if you like). Delete the EDCT currently there. Download this one into the \data folder. Done!
    Thanks! Really appreciate your help. I just wanted to be sure I didn't muck it up.

I am getting a can not open as archive message. As I am not all that great at figuring out computer problems suggestions would be appreciated.

Professional Lurker Member Bava's Avatar
    Somewhere with a cold Augustiner in my hands

You can try right-clicking and then choose 'save target as...' :)
    "Well, whenever I'm confused, I just check my underwear. It holds the answer to all the important questions." - Grandpa Simpson

It still won't open for me. It saves as attachment.php in the downloads folder. Then when I try opening I get the message from my last post. Not sure if that is relevant, just in case. If you are worried about my being embarrassment for failing at such an obviously simple procedure, let me assure you I remain unfazed. Those weeping noises are not mine.... *sniff*
    Last edited by Smoke=fire; 09-30-2014 at 14:47. Reason: Clarification

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Attachment.php is the webpage that redirects to the actual download. I'm guessing that something on your end is blocking the redirect. Have you tried left clicking, rather than right-clicking? If that doesn't work, try downloading it on another browser.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I thank you sir, internet explorer was just being disagreeable. Firefox worked like a charm.