Thread: Unapproved visitor message?

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Unapproved visitor message?

I can't get rid of a notification at the top of my page, which tells me I have an 'Unapproved visitor message'. A new message is there from a certain Kurdish friend, but what he says seems to suggest his post was in some way edited/blocked by a moderator.

Not quite sure what is going on here, but the notification won't disappear.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Member thankful for this post:

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unapproved visitor message?

Due to some incidents, certain visitor messages need to be approved, but it seems the system doesn't work as intended. It was to ensure visitor message system was not being abused, due to a number of complaints.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-21-2014 at 21:46.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

A forever notification. You have a permanent forum friend ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    Due to some incidents, certain visitor messages need to be approved, but it seems the system doesn't work as intended. It was to ensure visitor message system was not being abused, due to a number of complaints.
    EDIT: I guess what happened was that KurdishSpartacus used the visitor message system a bit excessively, so you adjusted his account preferences, in order to make his VMs visible, only if they were first approved by the recipient.

However, the visitor messages were still visible, no matter if the message was approoved or not, only with the addition of one sentence about the message awaiting moderation approoval, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    I can't get rid of a notification at the top of my page, which tells me I have an 'Unapproved visitor message'. A new message is there from a certain Kurdish friend, but what he says seems to suggest his post was in some way edited/blocked by a moderator.

Not quite sure what is going on here, but the notification won't disappear.
    I had the same "problem", but then I remembered what Darth Red had told me about moderating VMs.
    Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Check the white box ov the VM, near the "Report" option.
    2. Then, scroll down, an click on the "Moderation Tools", in the right corner of your profile page.
    3. There, you have four options, of which, you should check the second, called "aproove message.
    4. Finally, press "Proceed", and you are done. There is not any notification about an unaprooved visitor message, in your profile.

Visible Instructions:

Last edited by Crandar; 09-22-2014 at 10:42. Reason: First part added.

Members thankful for this post (2):

HopeLess From Humanity a World Member Empire*Of*Media's Avatar

Tiaexz Dont Kill these people's profile! leave them alone......... kill me!! :D

ok...

also i noticed posting messeges in profiles that CAN NOT BE EDITED also you can boom them with messeges no wait is needed!
    whats wrong with the org?!
    Last edited by Empire*Of*Media; 09-22-2014 at 12:27.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crandar View Post
    I had the same "problem", but then I remembered what Darth Red had told me about moderating VMs.
    Basically, what you need to do is:

1. Check the white box ov the VM, near the "Report" option.
    2. Then, scroll down, an click on the "Moderation Tools", in the right corner of your profile page.
    3. There, you have four options, of which, you should check the second, called "aproove message.
    4. Finally, press "Proceed", and you are done. There is not any notification about an unaprooved visitor message, in your profile.

Visible Instructions:

These seem to be correct from the top of my head, but I just restored the account to normal and approved all the messages, so there shouldn't be any issues.

The idea was, you had a simple "accept or deny" on the message and it was yours' (the users') choice. I did not want to turn it into a Moderator/ed issue.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    I don't wish to kill anyone, including you.
    Last edited by Beskar; 09-22-2014 at 17:07.
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaexz View Post
    These seem to be correct from the top of my head, but I just restored the account to normal and approved all the messages, so there shouldn't be any issues.

The idea was, you had a simple "accept or deny" on the message and it was yours' (the users') choice. I did not want to turn it into a Moderator/ed issue.

I don't wish to kill anyone, including you.
    lol just kidding. dont be so cold!!

also what about this i said?

also i noticed posting messeges in profiles that CAN NOT BE EDITED also you can boom them with messeges no wait is needed!

Blog Entries

also what about this i said?
    I haven't done anything to alter either of those and I just checked and nothing is standing out to me.

wait....does he have cake? If he has cake I say kill him and we share cake.

ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeola View Post
    wait....does he have cake? If he has cake I say kill him and we share cake.
    oh!!!
    lets hide the cake!!