Thread: Assassins running rampant in Greece/Anatolia.

Default Assassins running rampant in Greece/Anatolia.

First off, as a returning EB player I'd like to thank the team for doing an amazing job. I haven't enjoyed a video game quite as much for a long time.

My biggest pet peeve with the current release is rich factions abusing assassins, although so far I've only seen it happen when playing Pontos and Pergamon. As Pergamon, I've lost two GCs, one to Makedonia, and one to Seleukids assassinating all my family members, and as Pontos I had them kill off the entire Pontic King line. As somebody who likes to RP while playing, I find this extremely immersion breaking and frustrating.

I'd be really happy if this was looked into.
    Best regards.

Member thankful for this post:

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Assassins running rampant in Greece/Anatolia.

Clearly you need to employ your own spies and assassins, which is the surest protection against them.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

That makes sense gameplay wise. But it's still painful having all my FCs have the paranoid trait.

I've reloaded and am having another go at my Pergamon campaign. Apparentilly one of the assassins is Ptolemaic, and I'm not even at war with them, in fact I don't even a have a border with them.

Are there any files I could modify to prevent my FCs from getting the paranoid/obsessed with security traits from this so often? Or tone down the chances of successful assassination?

I remember having a very... interesting game with the makedons once. Almost ready to move my armies and conquer their lands (we were at war but i focused on Epirus first) when i noticed that my generals were starting to die. A few turns later the king was dead and every town was on automanage but i conquered the Greeks as well. Every turn he had an assassin ready to send to each of my towns. I couldn't believe what i saw.. it was actually pretty smart assassin usage from the AI. Needles to say that since then i keep a spy in every town and have 3 assassins at least to kill the enemy assassins :P
    Last edited by cultist; 10-12-2014 at 08:44.
    naked fanatic