Thread: forts

Default forts

Will generals be able to build forts in future releases? or only watchtowers...

Default Re: forts

AFAIK, permanent stone forts and buildable forts are mutually exclusive. So, most likely not.

The first round of the tournament has started. Who's going to prevail?

Gladius or Sarissa, Scutum or Aspis?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolg View Post
    AFAIK, permanent stone forts and buildable forts are mutually exclusive. So, most likely not.
    they should not be mutually exclusive, afaik. i played a sub-mod for BC that introduced buildable forts (at an extortionate price) alongside permanent forts. it is a good feature that expands players abilities. hope someone will create a mini-mod that will do the same for EB one day.

In Medieval Total War II is still possible to build forts, so I dont see why the modders will not keep that option. It adds after all to the strategic complexity of the game.

Seconded. Not being able to build forts in a setting where temporary fortified camps, border forts and field fortifications played a big role is one of the reasons I do not not so much enjoy No. II.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Do the buildable forts and permanent stone forts share models? Because in that case, having buildable forts wouldn't work with the Permanent Stone Fort implementation that EBII uses.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

As far as I remember Foot said a long time ago that the permanent castles do not allow the forts building feature at the same time. Which made and make me really sad because I don't see the benefit of the permanent castles except the free garrison spot. I would pay ten bucks to get rid of the permanent structures and back to the forts.
    Last edited by geala; 11-17-2014 at 08:47.
    The queen commands and we'll obey
    Over the Hills and far away.
    (perhaps from an English Traditional, about 1700 AD)

Drum, Kinder, seid lustig und allesamt bereit:
    Auf, Ansbach-Dragoner! Auf, Ansbach-Bayreuth!
    (later chorus -containing a wrong regimental name for the Bayreuth-Dragoner (DR Nr. 5) - of the "Hohenfriedberger Marsch", reminiscense of a battle in 1745 AD, to the music perhaps of an earlier cuirassier march)

Quote Originally Posted by geala View Post
    As far as I remember Foot said a long time ago that the permanent castles do not allow the forts building feature at the same time. Which made and make me really sad because I don't see the benefit of the permanent castles except the free garrison spot. I would pay ten bucks to get rid of the permanent structures and back to the forts.
    I personally beg to differ, I think they add immersion, in fact, I want to add more on the map representing more cities and poleis, but naming them