Thread: Recruitment without Experience-points?

Default Recruitment without Experience-points?

hello,

is it normal with the new Release that, although a Gymnasion-Mikron already is constructed, the Units recruited come out without any Experience-point?
    i am able to retrain them always after the Recruitment but can´t imagine that it is intended like that.

also, when retraining such a unit (or another one) it is not possible to train an actual fresh unit at the same time like in EB1 - same question: intention or do i have some wrong settings?

with these two obstacles it takes quite some time to regain an effective army after some hostilities.

thanks,
    Kleitos

Default Re: Recruitment without Experience-points?

Quote Originally Posted by Kleitos View Post
    also, when retraining such a unit (or another one) it is not possible to train an actual fresh unit at the same time like in EB1 - same question: intention or do i have some wrong settings?
    This is intended as far as I know. If you have 1 available unit to recruit and retrain a depleted one that lost more than a certain percentage (don't know what the percentage is), you won't be able to recruit one at the same time. If you have 2 or more, the retraining lowers that number by one so you should still recruit another one at the same time. I don't know what the unit replenishment pools are, but that's what affects the ability to train/retrain.

So for example if you have 1 unit available to recruit and there are 2 turns until the next one becomes available, upon retraining a unit of the same type that lost, say, 10 men, the number of turns will grow but should still be able to recruit the available unit as well. If the retrained unit lost more men, say 54, you won't.

ok - thanks, regarding the retraining of normal depleted units - this makes sense.

dont know what the reason was for this strange necessity of retraining fresh recruited units although a Gymnasion Mikron (+1 Exp.point) was constructed already.
    this lasted for a couple of seasons, but then all of a sudden the recruitment ran normal: so they come out now with Experience +1.

Can't think of a reason! Let the devs know.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

There is something funny going on with the Gymnasion and its interaction with other stuff. I've had an issue where a free upkeep unit won't retrain to a higher experience, yet it will take the funds away and use up the recruitment slot for a turn.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I have had the same issue.