Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Women's Rights

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: Women's Rights

Monty, yes I agree that what I said relies upon teleological assumptions. But then so does your more positive take on the BNW. Surely your idea that food and shelter alone could keep us happy is based on the idea that we are 'designed' to be happy to just survive?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

BNW is bad because it authoritarian. What did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube View Post
    Is there even one woman posting in this thread? No, of course there isn't.
    No fetuses, either. Hm!
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr
    But then so does your more positive take on the BNW.
    Whoa, I never said it was positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    BNW is bad because it authoritarian.
    Aren't you the guy who wants to suppress and extinguish non-Standard ethnic identities?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Working in schools in Sweden, where legal sex-age is 15... I have come upon countless girls/women who shrug away the effects of not using a condom with "I can always have an abortion".

When pro-choice has come to THIS level I can't help but to have a bad feeling in my stomach...
    Do you have the right education for this sort of behavior there? Does anybody tell them that abortions don't necessarily only remove an unwanted fetus?

Do you have the right education for this sort of behavior there? Does anybody tell them that abortions don't necessarily only remove an unwanted fetus?
    Thus the need to develop safer and more efficient means of abortion, so that no one will have an excuse not to abort.
    Vitiate Man.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Tangent-tangent: Would mechanically-combined or "vat-grown" human fetuses be counted as ensouled in your theology?

How about an anatomically-mature manufactured brain with "pre-programmed" experience-set? Do you see the distinction I'm getting at?

ps - please don't use terms like "philosophical zombie" in your answer.
    It might be just me, but I most of the time whiff off what you write, and don't bother trying to understand what you mean. Have you understood that this is an international board?

You are clearly an intelligent guy, in many regards, but you seem to fail completely at understanding how to communicate with others.

It's like you either try your utmost to impress with advanced words, or have no understanding of that the language you use is NOT what the general guy around you can or will interpret. Please do remember that making complicated matters understandable is a clear sign of intelligence, complicating simple matters is on the other hand a sign of mental dysfunction or hybris.

I don't say this to be mean, so please dont' read me wrong. I am just worried that it will have negative effects on both your personal and professional life, and it might be so that it is something you should work on to further enhance yourself (not that you're not a great guy).

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4 View Post
    Oh, the facts and information 12-18 year old girls get is just AWESOME, I actually have nothing to say negatively there.

However, as to the attention span and intellectual ability of girls 12-18...

It's probably okay for women to have some rights.
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

Members thankful for this post (4):

Kad, if I know that someone know's what I'm talking about, then I reply to them precisely.

There's nothing difficult in the structure or wording of what I said just there in your quote - if you didn't get something, then it's probably what I left unsaid.

It's like:

Widdle waddle.

Bagu boo.

Do you see what I see about paffle pleep after reading "widdle waddle" and "bagu boo"?
    The difference between that and what I said is that I didn't explicitly mention "paffle pleep" in the same post.
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Kad, if I know that someone know's what I'm talking about, then I reply to them precisely.

There's nothing difficult in the structure or wording of what I said just there in your quote - if you didn't get something, then it's probably what I left unsaid.

It's like:

The difference between that and what I said is that I didn't explicitly mention "paffle pleep" in the same post.
    I guess what I am saying is that other people as well read your posts on this international forum, you know, stupid people like me who would like to understand you and share what your ideas are... As that is kind of the point here.

I also say you kind of come off as sitting on a high horse at times, and no one likes that.

Geez, it's like speaking to the Voynich manuscript.

Aren't you the guy who wants to suppress and extinguish non-Standard ethnic identities?
    You mean those ethnic identities not accepted by the International Bureau for Standardisation of Ethnicities? Yeah, those are bad for the ethnicity economy. People could lose their jobs.

Actually, I don't think different ethnic groups should exist at all; but that's the ideal situation, not something to enforce. If the current trends of globalisation continue (or even accelerate), I think it's also a likely outcome.
    Last edited by Viking; 10-23-2014 at 08:30.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Whoa, I never said it was positive.
    Do you not think that the value of the BNW world still rests upon assumptions in the same way I make assumptions in criticizing it?

Doesn't the value of the BNW world rest on the assumption that we are somehow designed or inherently suited to be happy with the basics of survival?

But I didn't say that.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    I don't say this to be mean, so please dont' read me wrong. I am just worried that it will have negative effects on both your personal and professional life, and it might be so that it is something you should work on to further enhance yourself (not that you're not a great guy).
    Then I also need to be worried that your way of explaining things to intelligent adults as though they were your children that you are worried about may come off as condescending, arrgogant and like you have a superiority complex.
    Montmorency always appears to me as though he just enjoys the subject and the professional language of the subject so much that he wants to talk about it and use it all the time, not because he is arrogant but because he just loves the subject.
    But when you explain things I already know to me in a way that makes you sound like you assume I do not know the most basic facts, then you come off as condescending.

It's much more comfortable for me to ask Montmorency whether he can explain that in simpler terms than to keep telling you that I already know that 1+1=2 and that don't need to explain this to me.
    And if this forum really were about having an intellectual exchange, then I would expect to read "oh, I made a mistake there" far more often, but real men do not make admit mistakes and this forum is about winning!
    Want Proof? See the Ukraine thread.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Members thankful for this post (2):

*sniff*

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yes-rudy1.gif 
Views:	111 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	14680

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	103 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	14679

Name:	bliss1.gif 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	14681
    Last edited by Montmorency; 10-23-2014 at 12:12.
    Vitiate Man.

But I didn't say that.
    You did say that you thought the BNW would make people "stupidly happy". Surely your prediction here rests upon the assumption that having food/shelter/sex is enough to make us happy?

You did say that you thought the BNW would make people "stupidly happy"
    Aha - this is the distinction.

I said they would appear so. That is, we would describe them in those terms after "observing" them.

I forebore on any speculation that would depend on a better-specified definition of happiness.
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Then I also need to be worried that your way of explaining things to intelligent adults as though they were your children that you are worried about may come off as condescending, arrgogant and like you have a superiority complex.
    Montmorency always appears to me as though he just enjoys the subject and the professional language of the subject so much that he wants to talk about it and use it all the time, not because he is arrogant but because he just loves the subject.
    But when you explain things I already know to me in a way that makes you sound like you assume I do not know the most basic facts, then you come off as condescending.

It's much more comfortable for me to ask Montmorency whether he can explain that in simpler terms than to keep telling you that I already know that 1+1=2 and that don't need to explain this to me.
    And if this forum really were about having an intellectual exchange, then I would expect to read "oh, I made a mistake there" far more often, but real men do not make admit mistakes and this forum is about winning!
    Want Proof? See the Ukraine thread.
    Some people say I am condescending. That means I talk down to people.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456