Thread: I has a youtubes.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default I has a youtubes.

Just in case anyone remembers either me, or Medieval 2 Total War, or is just plain ol' bored enough to listen to the melodious sound of my awesome voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYUVlYNirbM
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Default Re: I has a youtubes.

You have time for this, yet Org Mafia lies derelict in the substrate?

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    You have time for this, yet Org Mafia lies derelict in the substrate?

I am officially retired from all mafia gaming, permanently.

As seen here: http://www.giraffeboards.com/showpos...8&postcount=20
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-16-2014 at 20:09.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Member thankful for this post:

This is not how I pictured you sounding. You are really good at M2TW.

This is not how I pictured you sounding.
    A step on the program of extinguishing the humanity of humans is to eliminate the figurative-metaphorical usage of sensory language.

Vitiate Man.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    This is not how I pictured you sounding. You are really good at M2TW.
    ATPG was the king of M2TW. I remember him winning a Long Campaign as the Turks in six turns or something ridiculous like that.

Nice to see you around again ATPG!
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

I got beat out eventually by a fellow forum-goer named Grog, and later on by someone named LegendOfTotalWar, who posted an even faster time.

I'm a baron of M2TW, perhaps even a duke.

Nice to see you all as well. I am attempting to upload the next segment of the campaign, and will try to do so this morning. The rendering process takes a couple of hours, as does the upload process.

But turns 11-15 are finished and will comprise episode 004.

As mentioned elsewhere, I actually have turns 1-50 completed, just not commentated. Commentating requires a bit of a time commitment and requires a lot of quality checking and editing, but I've streamlined the process down to the point where it should take me about 4 hours to commentate, edit, and put the finishing touches on a 30 minute youtube episode.

Will give myself a break and then continue generating commentary for future episodes within the next 3 days or so.

I could do a weekly upload schedule, but if I get plenty of feedback I'll try to quicken the pace.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Oh yes- my first three videos were particularly difficult to do, because I attempted simultaneous recording, gameplay, and commentating.

This led to me being distracted from commentating by the gameplay, and being distracted from the gameplay by commentating.

For the episodes which take place during turns 11-50, I will be recording commentary after the fact, which means it is not live-commentated.

At first, I thought it would be meh, because it's not live. But the positives are clear, you should be able to see the difference in this episode (004) over the previous one (003), and it is a marked difference.

I'm able to view the segment and make notes, and write out some of my commentary so I can actually spend almost the entire video commenting, and the quality of the comments should be much improved. I'll be able to go more in-depth than before, while not interfering with the actual gameplay.

Then, for battles, for example, I'll try to record the comments as I'm watching the battle unfold, so that they relate much more closely with what's happening on the field of battle.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Episode 4 is uploaded. I haven't had a chance to quality check it yet- youtube took its time uploading it today. If there are any major issues I will try to re-upload it.

Higher definition doesn't come online right away, so feel free to be patient and wait for hi-def.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Here's a suggestion - ignore it if it's too mean or difficult:

Make video series commentating on Mafia games
    Vitiate Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Here's a suggestion - ignore it if it's too mean or difficult:

Make video series commentating on Mafia games
    Not necessary. Any mafia games I felt the need to comment on I either did so during the game, or during the post-game. My mafia era is over.

I will say this, I checked the video for episode 004 and it needs to be re-rendered, re-edited, and re-uploaded due to a bug that happens in adobe when you edit the length of a video segment- it causes the previously rendered video to stall out over and over again.

I think I understand the problem and I will re-edit the entire video and re-render it. The video should not stall out like it does, and it didn't do so in the source material.

I care about the quality of the video, but it takes a very long time to upload the video and I wasn't going to be home to preview the whole thing before publishing it. So much for speed.

It should be back up in a day or two, with better quality. For now, the audio is perfect. But the video stalls out for several seconds in the middle and for a couple minutes near the end, and it's annoying me.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I will say this, I checked the video for episode 004 and it needs to be re-rendered, re-edited, and re-uploaded due to a bug that happens in adobe when you edit the length of a video segment- it causes the previously rendered video to stall out over and over again.

I think I understand the problem and I will re-edit the entire video and re-render it. The video should not stall out like it does, and it didn't do so in the source material.

I care about the quality of the video, but it takes a very long time to upload the video and I wasn't going to be home to preview the whole thing before publishing it. So much for speed.

It should be back up in a day or two, with better quality. For now, the audio is perfect. But the video stalls out for several seconds in the middle and for a couple minutes near the end, and it's annoying me.
    I only noticed when you were talking about using your diplomat as a poor man's spy. It was stuck on a faction heir page or something like that. If that was intentional, then disregard my statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

It's a lot more noticeable from where I sit, because at no point in the video should the screen have no activity. I do not generally pause for very long when I play the game, so at any point in the video, if nothing is happening on screen, you're actually missing out on 30 seconds to 2 minutes worth of rapid-fire gameplay. And this happened about a dozen times or so in that video.

And it goes fast, because I'm not trying to spend 15 minutes on a single game turn. So, most of the actual managing of my empire takes place in a very short time frame. Skipping past it and having a static visual defeats the purpose of the video- And I aim to have quality that matches other people's videos when they let's play. If people aren't as familiar with the game, and they can't see what I'm doing, they can't actually learn anything.

It matters because the audio is supposed to add to the video- unless you can see what I'm actually doing, the audio alone serves little purpose.

I definitely don't want to be the guy who let's plays games on youtube and you can't see what's happening.

What you're missing: well, you should be able to see the difference when I re-upload it. I'm moving armies around and queueing up buildings and so forth- I don't want you to miss out on all that.

I was rushing out the door today and didn't see the problem, but if I had seen it, I would have deleted the video immediately and started over. I should never upload stuff with such poor quality.

Put it this way- I may not have fancy bumper music and schmancy artwork all over my channel or a 100,000 subscribers, but when I upload a video, you should be able to see something happening, dang it. If I can't upload quality, I shouldn't even be doing this at all. Heh.

That's the Pizzaguy Commitment.(tm) Or something.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-18-2014 at 06:51.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEzK0Z0QEQc

Try this one on for size. Episode 4 re-uploaded.

Rendered a bit better, less laggy, high definition, added intro and outro music.

Edit: Turn 15 still laggy, still due to my Adobe software not rendering it correctly.

Future episodes will be even shorter, and have less video clips, and there will be more videos uploaded at a time. The software is rendering the early clips perfectly, the later clips less and less smoothly. If I have a smaller video with fewer segments it shouldn't keep happening, I think.

So we'll see. Getting to work on Episode 005 now, predict it will be done sometime in the next 5 days.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 10-21-2014 at 01:25.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Looking forward to episode 5. Just reinstalled M2 and Kingdoms, it's all your fault We'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

You talk even more than you write

Good to see you, Pizza
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu