Thread: Pike and Shot has been released!

Default Pike and Shot has been released!

Keep your Powder Dry
    Pike & Shot is out now!

Epsom, UK – October 17, 2014."Not only strike while the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking.” (Oliver Cromwell – English military and political leader)

In the age of Pike and Shot, mighty struggles erupted across Europe for religious, political or dynastic causes. The greatest powers of that period were regularly involved in conflicts and struggles to increase their dominance over the continent. Some countries have also to deal with inner tensions and are torn apart between factions. War is in the air. But war has changed. Due to the development of new technologies, traditional medieval tactics have been substituted with a totally different approach to effectively utilise the new formations and weapons.

In these troubled times musketeers “gave fire” in a duel to the death, pikemen held stolidly against enemy assaults, and cavalry charged to glory or defeat. Players can march in the footsteps of the great leaders of The Thirty Years War, Italian Wars and the English Civil War and refight some of the greatest battles of the Renaissance. With its 30 full-sized historical battles, its random map and scenario generator, its easy-to-use PBEM++ multiplayer system and its gameplay simulating accurately the tactics of the period, Pike & Shot will thrill any history buff and fans of tactical challenges!

Pike & Shot features 30 historical scenarios that cover the main battles of three of the most important conflicts of the 16th and 17th centuries:

• The Thirty Years’ War (1616-1648)

Pilgram-Lomnitz, 1618; White Mountain, 1620; Wimpfen, 1622; Lutter, 1626; First Breitenfeld, 1631; Lutzen, 1632; First Nordlingen, 1634; Wittstock, 1636; Second Breitenfeld, 1642; Roccoi, 1643

• The English Civil War (1642-1651)

Stratton, 1643; Adwalton Moor, 1643; Edgehill, 1642; Storming of Bristol, 1643; Nantwich, 1644; Cheriton, 1644; Marston Moor, 1644; Lostwithiel, 1644; Second Newbury, 1644; Naseby, 1645

• The Great Italian Wars (1494-1559)

Seminara, 1495; Fornova, 1495; Ravenna, 1512; Novarra, 1513; Marignano, 1515; Bicocca, 1522; Pavia, 1525; Ceresole, 1544; St. Quentin, 1557; Gravelines, 1558.

Pike and Shot is developed by Byzantine Games and The Lordz Games Studio.

Today we have the pleasure to announce that the game is finally released and available on both our online stores and on Steam in. In order to celebrate this important milestone, we are offering a $10 discount to the early adopters during the week of the launch! We are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who bought a copy of the game from the Matrix Games or Slitherine store, once the game is available on this digital platform!

Get more information on Pike & Shot from its official product page and its live presentation on the official Slitherine Group Twitch channel.

Default Re: Pike and Shot has been released!

Hah, I saw this on Steam and was thinking "That reminds me of the game I saw here"

Sweet! I will be giving this one a try. After how a similar game series has let me down, I am looking for alternatives.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

A review from RPS:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...w/#more-244467

Overall very favorable.
    Ja-mata TosaInu