Thread: Roman colonies

Default Roman colonies

So I am having some issues figuring out how to upgrade my roman colonies and getting them to convert the state-religion thing. I managed to do it once in Capua but I have no clue how I did it. Presumably I built a building that was required, but I don't know which. I know that in order to build the first level (Lex de colonia creando) you need the first level road garrison. do I need the second level for the next level colony? I don't remember building that in my last game, but I could be incorrect...

I would love to have a 100 page manual on how to play this mod, but that would probably take away time from the rest of the development so...

Default Re: Roman colonies

Turns out I can't read. It literally tells you in the scripted message that some colonizers are ready to establish a new colony or UPGRADE an existing one. I check to make sure and when that pops up show I can upgrade. I am leaving this thread here instead of closing/deleting it, in case someone else don't know how to read...

Quote Originally Posted by Denixen View Post
    Turns out I can't read. It literally tells you in the scripted message that some colonizers are ready to establish a new colony or UPGRADE an existing one. I check to make sure and when that pops up show I can upgrade. I am leaving this thread here instead of closing/deleting it, in case someone else don't know how to read...
    Aargh... I read that dozen times, that I can upgrade... but how do I actually upgrade, please?

The way I create colonies in my Pergamon game is going to the region where I want the colony to be built (while having colonist available as per the advisor message) and it enables the building (minor polis, etc) in said region.
    There is no model (like a diplomat or army) you create in your original metropolis tha walks to the target region, but I think the colonist travel is well represented by the construction time and the building cost, I mean the colony is not the buildings but the people going to live there.
    Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Fabio Scevola; 10-27-2014 at 12:27.

So basically, you have to have the percentage of population, and once you have it, you will be able to build more units?
    Any hint on how to change the population percentage? I noticed it changes, but I don't see how yet, except that it's very slow... I suppose this has nothing to do with sending colonists...

Beware! Relentless Looter! Member Flavius Merobaudes's Avatar

Salvete! I am now in turn 30 of my Romani campaign and haven't had the ability to install a colony yet, i.e. the advisor never told me colonists were available. I did not have this problem as Carthage, when I got a new colony every 10 or so turns. Are there any special conditions to obtain colonies as the SPQR?

Quote Originally Posted by Flavius Merobaudes View Post
    Salvete! I am now in turn 30 of my Romani campaign and haven't had the ability to install a colony yet, i.e. the advisor never told me colonists were available. I did not have this problem as Carthage, when I got a new colony every 10 or so turns. Are there any special conditions to obtain colonies as the SPQR?
    It takes until turn 36, I guess. Then the first colonist for SPQR should pop-up and will continue to do so every 16 turns. Don't know why it's turn 36 and not 16, though...