Thread: male marriage mechanics broken for 3rd level family tree?

Default male marriage mechanics broken for 3rd level family tree?

Hi EB2-Team,

first of all I'd really like to thank you guys for creating an exciting, detailed and already (in spite of the fact that it's a beta version) very polished mod. Especially the new cultural/religion invention is really unique and amazing.

Don't know if this has already been spotted and posted, but in fact that it has not, here is the problem I've noticed through all of my campaigns:

As soon as your family tree reaches the 3rd level - the first generation being born and growing up during the game - these kids seem to dislike marrying. While the girls still kindly ask you (the mighty player ) for your permission to their wedding (and will later on give birth to new family members), the boys seem to not even consider getting a girl. For example with the Ptolies I currently have about 10-15 men (from 20 to 40 years old) that were born into the royal family and not 1 (!!!) is married. This is really annoying as I like "dynasty building" a lot and this becomes impossible with that problem. In another campaign with Parthia I tried to keep my royal family "clean" heavily relying on the Arsacids and I experienced the same hatred of getting married. This means that my royal family will soon be wiped out.

Being intentional or a bug, I would be really thankful for any answer on that topic. Thank you!

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default Re: male marriage mechanics broken for 3rd level family tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Coronatus View Post
    Hi EB2-Team,

first of all I'd really like to thank you guys for creating an exciting, detailed and already (in spite of the fact that it's a beta version) very polished mod. Especially the new cultural/religion invention is really unique and amazing.

Don't know if this has already been spotted and posted, but in fact that it has not, here is the problem I've noticed through all of my campaigns:

As soon as your family tree reaches the 3rd level - the first generation being born and growing up during the game - these kids seem to dislike marrying. While the girls still kindly ask you (the mighty player ) for your permission to their wedding (and will later on give birth to new family members), the boys seem to not even consider getting a girl. For example with the Ptolies I currently have about 10-15 men (from 20 to 40 years old) that were born into the royal family and not 1 (!!!) is married. This is really annoying as I like "dynasty building" a lot and this becomes impossible with that problem. In another campaign with Parthia I tried to keep my royal family "clean" heavily relying on the Arsacids and I experienced the same hatred of getting married. This means that my royal family will soon be wiped out.

Being intentional or a bug, I would be really thankful for any answer on that topic. Thank you!
    @V.T. Marvin: you might want to look into this and see what is what.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

This can happen quite frequently in the Vanilla game as well so its not the mods fault. You can always send some of your older members off on some suicide missions to trim the family tree down. That might trigger some marriage proposals and send the Faction Leader as well as that has been known to affect the family tree too. How many provinces do you have compared to how many family members you have? If you have more family than settlements, your family will stop producing children until you expand more.

EBII Bricklayer Member V.T. Marvin's Avatar

It really is not intentional and must be some vanilla glitch. In fact I tried to prevent that (unsuccessfully it seems) by trait mechanism giving royal princes a bonus to fertility. But the effect is either too small or broken altogether, unfortunately. The only way to prevent that from happening seems to constantly expand your realm (at least in RTW this did help a little), which is really frustrating for people like me who want to take it slowly and role-play heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reaver View Post
    This can happen quite frequently in the Vanilla game as well so its not the mods fault. You can always send some of your older members off on some suicide missions to trim the family tree down. That might trigger some marriage proposals and send the Faction Leader as well as that has been known to affect the family tree too. How many provinces do you have compared to how many family members you have? If you have more family than settlements, your family will stop producing children until you expand more.
    Thanks for your answers so far.
    Unfortunately I can't confirm this theory for all of my games.
    I've made a list of my games played until now, mentioning the G(enerals), (P)rovinces and T(urns played):

Romani G: 26 P: 28 T: 169
    Ptolemaioi: G: 25 P: 23 T:157
    Pahlava: G: 10 P: 19 T: 276
    Pergamon: G: 9 P: 14 T: 206
    Aedui: G: 10 P: 17 T: 159

As you can see from this list, only my Ptoly-Game supports this theory. Funnily enough, the marriage-mechanics still work for the Romani and I get marriages of my family member's sons all the time! But in all other cases there is the problem of a family tree dieing out. I know that a family tree for the Aedui is not intended, but is it impossible for them to get any children? Because adoption seems to be the only way for them to get new generals and capable candidates occure not very often.
    Of course, if this whole marriage-mechanic-thing is some hardcoded bug, we've got to get along with it. Just wanted to mention it in case... you know?!

Btw, I've spotted some minor bug playing the Aedui: The province inscription (which I really enjoy - all of them!) of Uidu Teuto Ikoranda says "Noricae". I'm sure this was not planned!

Thanks for reading and greetings,
    Coronatus
    Last edited by Coronatus; 11-09-2014 at 17:40.