Thread: is it possible to move an AI-Character out of a Town?

Default is it possible to move an AI-Character out of a Town?

Is it possible to use the move_character command to get, in this very case, the Galatian Chief "Cacumattos" out of Ankyra?
    ..i'm not sure if i read somewhere if this is recommendable - i.e. moving a character out of a Town. (..no problem of course if he is somewhere else on the free Strategy Map)

'Cause if this is possible - this would be the (only?) solution to spawn a second large Galatian Army (with an already long begun campaign). I beefed up the Ankyra Garrison to its limit in Turn one but still, after 30years they do not produce any soldiers outside of Ankyra.
    All this of course in order to fulfil the specific Pergamon Reform-Requirement.

thanks,
    Kleitos

Default Re: is it possible to move an AI-Character out of a Town?

I don't think there's a way to move an AI character out of a settlement, but I do have a workaround for your problem.

Find a random small rebel army and move it into Galatia. Now add a bunch of Galatian units to it...
    From Fluvius Camillus for my Alexander screenshot

..yes thanks, meanwhile i learned that this will just cause bugs/CTD's.

but i doubt it if your idea will work - since it will be no Galatian army ...just celtic units added to some rebel Army.

as this Reform just now doesn't work anyway i started now again a new Pergamon Campaign but with the "Kingship Counter" in the campaign_script set to 1.
    Now the Basilike Patris is available from the very beginning - i.e.: potential available in the Building tree if all other Requirements are fulfilled..like everything else. this time no more hassling around for not functioning reform requirements
    Last edited by Kleitos; 12-02-2014 at 14:16.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

No, you can't move a character out of a settlement via the console. All you'll do is create a "clone" which will cause a CTD if you fight a map-battle (rather than auto-calc) with them.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

I believe there's an eselect command which you may be able to utilize. I'm not entirely certain whether it can apply to the AI or not though.

edit: right

e_select_character

You'd probably need to either use that in a script but it may work in console. You need to select the character, so you might need to click on the ai character for example. Though I'm not entirely sure whether that will register as a 'selection'.

Come to think of it, that is likely how the current next (forget the exact word) faction heir script works.
    Last edited by z3n; 04-15-2015 at 05:10.