Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pakistan School Shooting

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Default Re: Meanwhile in Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Did these sorts of things ever happen at other points in history? I know entire communities of adults and children have been massacred, but is this idea of singling out children for slaughter as a terror tactic a modern phenomenon?
    Singling out children and placing them in one location with relativly few adults (aka schools and children's creche) are a relatively modern phenomenon.

Edit: What I'm saying that if you want to hurt the weakest ones in a terror attack, schools are a very good target today. That type of target haven't existed for that long in most of the world.
    Maybe China during one of the civil war periods, but I don't know how old the students were for civil service examinations. University type education facilities are quite different after all.
    Last edited by Ironside; 12-23-2014 at 11:42.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Pakistan School Shooting

Hmmmmm, over 500 people sentenced to death, bit overkill no. Such a thing like this can't be organised by 500 people. I understand they are reaaaaaly angry over there but the lot of those accused probably had nothing to do with it.

^ Either you didn't read your news source properly, or your news source didn't read its sources properly.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Hmmmmm, over 500 people sentenced to death, bit overkill no. Such a thing like this can't be organised by 500 people. I understand they are reaaaaaly angry over there but the lot of those accused probably had nothing to do with it.
    The people you refer to were on death row for entirely crimes, many of them have been incarcerated for years. Pakistan has observed a moratorium on death penalties since 2008 (IIRC), so those people have been waiting in prison for either A) exactly this: getting executed afterall when the moratorium ends B) till the abolishment of the death penalty and conversion of their sentences to life in prison.

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    The people you refer to were on death row for entirely crimes, many of them have been incarcerated for years. Pakistan has observed a moratorium on death penalties since 2008 (IIRC), so those people have been waiting in prison for either A) exactly this: getting executed afterall when the moratorium ends B) till the abolishment of the death penalty and conversion of their sentences to life in prison.
    Gotcha. Sometimes I am so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Yeah, there is only one thing that has nothing to do with it.
    Violence is tied to wealth, not religion. People who live wealthy lives naturally don't feel like picking up the ak and killing themselves for God.

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Violence is tied to wealth, not religion. People who live wealthy lives naturally don't feel like picking up the ak and killing themselves for God.
    But of course they wouldn't, islam is peace after all. Let's just neglect that it isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12