Thread: Good old EB I campaign finished

Σέλευκος Νικάτωρ Member Fluvius Camillus's Avatar

Default Good old EB I campaign finished

Ave friends,

Anybody still playing EB I? I just finished my most recent campaign and I am proud of the achievement. Not losing one single battle! Fun fact, the faction leader in the picture is Mehrdad e Arshkanig. Mehrdad is Persian for Mithridates. The actual ruler in 152 BC was Mithridates I of Parthia (descendant of Arsaces the Elder), who made the Pahlava rise to greatness in history (in another degree than this one though).

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So... What now, another EB I or is EB II already good and complete enough for a fun world-conquering campaign?

I hope to hear what everyone has been up to!

~Fluvius
    Last edited by Fluvius Camillus; 01-05-2015 at 20:52.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrius
    Oh my god, i think that is the first time in human history that someone cares to explain an acronym that people expect everybody to know in advance.
    I lived for three years not knowing what AAR is.

Completed Campaigns: Epeiros (EB1.0), Romani (EB1.1), Baktria (1.2) and Arche Seleukeia
    1x From Olaf the Great for my quote!
    3x1x<-- From Maion Maroneios for succesful campaigns!
    5x2x<-- From Aemilius Paulus for winning a contest!
    1x From Mulceber!

Default Re: Good old EB I campaign finished

ha. ya. I thought I was teh only one playing. I have no modding skills to offer EB2 and can just wait and hope it continues. But it's release got excited about eb in general so I started playing it again. I even completed a pretty sweet minimod, one for each version of city mod. Currently crunching through a Roman campaign and but was thinking of some of the things I have not done in eb, like fully recreate the empire of alexander the great with makedonia, or play as Pergamon, attain the german reforms, or conqeuer eborunum with Romani (or anyone). Somehow I felt since part two came out I was not supposed to play part one any more. I am not sure why.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Good old EB I campaign finished

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    Somehow I felt since part two came out I was not supposed to play part one any more. I am not sure why.
    Maybe because EB2 is, in some ways, a more complete game than EB1? I believe quite a number of features of EB2 were intended for EB1, but could not be achieved due to technical limitations and/or lack of time and manpower.

Not that this should stop you from enjoying EB1.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: Good old EB I campaign finished

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Maybe because EB2 is, in some ways, a more complete game than EB1?
    In other ways it clearly isn't as complete though (yet).
    Read about glory and decline of the Seleucid Empire... (EB 1.1 AAR)

from Satalexton from I of the Storm from Vasiliyi