Thread: So what's Ireland like in this one?

Default So what's Ireland like in this one?

Hey folks, I was just checking back in on this community, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that EB2 had finally been released. I don't have the base game, which means I can't run it and see for myself, but I was wondering what the team did with Ireland / British Isles in this release. Some of you may remember the controversy surrounding the authenticity of some of the Irish units in the first release so I'm curious how that was addressed in this one.

Thanks folks. And if I'm missing some unit tree or something, please point me in that direction. I'm a bit rusty on the org.

Default Re: So what's Ireland like in this one?

As far as I know there are no region specific units in the British Isles, so Ireland produces exactly the same units as the rest of the British Isles. It is only still a beta release (an amazingly solid one, but beta) so hopefully more regionals are something we will see in the future.

I don't think that anything resembling the Irish units you mention will be reintroduced, since they came from the Goidelic south of the island which is unconquerable ("Eremos") in the present build and highly likely to remain so.
    Last edited by Maeran; 12-31-2014 at 22:37. Reason: Grammar and New Year's Eve do not mix.

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

There are currently concepts for 3 Goidelic units (each of them archaeologically sound) however we lack the manpower to produce them at the moment, as much we would like to.

EDIT: The same is true for 3 Caledonian units and 1 unit from what is today Wales. I also have plans to produce a unit to represent the Arras culture of Eastern Yorkshire, however the problem remains the same: manpower.
    Last edited by Brennus; 01-01-2015 at 02:20.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Like the Parthian Boot Member Elmetiacos's Avatar

Now lobf re-appears! Funny how long people have waited for this mod...
    'you owe it to that famous chick general whose name starts with a B'
    OILAM TREBOPALA INDI PORCOM LAEBO INDI INTAM PECINAM ELMETIACUI