Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: France Shoot-Out

Default Re: France Shoot-Out

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Do you honesty think ISIS is a threat to Russia
    Apart from inflicting casualties in Syria ISIS can arrange some acts of terror within Russia or to Russians outside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenus View Post
    I think ISIS gave the perfect opportunity for Putin to come back into Egypt, by the back door.
    You mean again sending troops abroad? Russia can't digest what it brew in Syria, so it will hardly extend its Middle-East operation into Egypt as well.

Point is Russia didn't suffer. Russian did. ISIS can't attack Russia and now, as Fragony pointed out, are probably waiting for incoming retaliations.
    Russians make the population of Russia, so eventually Russia is a sufferer. But you are probably right in believing that sufferings of a small group of Russians are not a great concern of Russia as a state.

And in terms of retaliation, it is a question who is expecting one - ISIS has been under attack (as Putin claims) so nothing is likely to change for it. It is Russia which is in for more fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

"It is Russia which is in for more fun." Perhaps, but the attack was made on Egyptian soil, not on Russia's. And ISIS lost grounds in Syria, even according tho BBC as Assad's forces retook (or unlocked) the siege of the Aleppo Airport.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...C0TGfzm7fuw.97

In the same time, Turkey shows the colours:
    http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/tu...own-1894959234

"Russia can't digest what it brew in Syria" On what news do you base your analyse?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

"Russia can't digest what it brew in Syria" On what news do you base your analyse?
    On the fact that 6 weeks after the bombings have commenced Russia is still there and no decisive victory is looming for it in the short run (I bet in the long run either). With the expenditures it has to cover and the ones to keep the pot in Donbas boiling it is unlikely to consider involvement into one more far away country which even doesn't have a Russian military base as a foothold to operate from.

Russia doesn't need a military base in Syria. When the Shia militias of Iraq, Iran's revolutionary guard, Syrian army, and Kurds reduce IS to a roadside bombing insurgency, Russia can leave no sweat.
    Last edited by AE Bravo; 11-12-2015 at 20:00.

"On the fact that 6 weeks after the bombings have commenced Russia is still there and no decisive victory is looming for it in the short run (I bet in the long run either)" Not really facts, more a wishful thinking....
    The reality is Assad broke the 2 years siege on an important strategic point, that is quite an achievement in 6 weeks where USA lead coalition bombed now for 2 years without any success.
    And due to this advance, the US have to do the same thing with the Kurd against Kobane, and the Saudis can't blocked it...
    Putin using US Amy to gain prestige, at the same moment when Europe, the land of Democracy and Freedom is closing the door to Middle-East refugees...
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"

"On the fact that 6 weeks after the bombings have commenced Russia is still there and no decisive victory is looming for it in the short run (I bet in the long run either)" Not really facts, more a wishful thinking....
    The reality is Assad broke the 2 years siege on an important strategic point, that is quite an achievement in 6 weeks where USA lead coalition bombed now for 2 years without any success.
    Yet Putin is still there. No blitzkrieg for him. Let's wait and see how long he will endure this snail-like pace of events.

"Let's wait and see how long he will endure this snail-like pace of events." Let's wait as you say. However, still better than NATO... Mind you, not really a difficult task...

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516