Thread: Regarding Parthians and Phalanxes

Default Regarding Parthians and Phalanxes

I'm getting the itch to reform the Persian empire with the Pahlava. Are the reforms in for Pahlava like in EB1? As in, if I build the correct order of buildings, will I become settled and settled troops will be recruitable?

Phalanxes - how to correctly use them in this mod? I find that every time I move them, when they stop they don't have their pikes lowered. I have to click the hand to make them stop, disable pike formation then enable pike formation again to get them to lower their pikes. When attacking with them should I select a unit and right-click an enemy unit for them to attack or should I do it like in EB1 where I'd use alt+right click slightly behind the enemy line and the phalanxes would engage properly on their own? Should I leave guard mode off or switch it on? I notice it's off by default here.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Regarding Parthians and Phalanxes

Hmm... I think Pahlava is perhaps not supposed to be played in this beta stage of EBII. Their horse archers are incredibly weak and have incredibly short range, generals seem to die the moment they go in to battle and their infantry have absolutely no staying power, even Euzenoi can hold against them for 10 minutes lol.
    EBII has finally released. All hail the EBII team!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I_damian View Post
    Hmm... I think Pahlava is perhaps not supposed to be played in this beta stage of EBII. Their horse archers are incredibly weak and have incredibly short range, generals seem to die the moment they go in to battle and their infantry have absolutely no staying power, even Euzenoi can hold against them for 10 minutes lol.
    Give it a few more days, and I should have a new EDU for testing where stats for a lot of units have been overhauled.

Phalanxes are next on my list, once that's out for general use.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by I_damian View Post
    I'm getting the itch to reform the Persian empire with the Pahlava. Are the reforms in for Pahlava like in EB1? As in, if I build the correct order of buildings, will I become settled and settled troops will be recruitable?
    You have to control Asaak, Hekatomplyos, Media Rhagiana, and Media as well build farms up large estates in those regions. But they will change in later releases and get even more challenging.
    "Being assailed by the Romans, also, in three wars, under the conduct of the greatest generals, and at the most flourishing period of the republic, they alone, of all nations, were not only a match for them, but came off victorious;" -Justin 41.1. An almost reluctant admission that in the Parthians, the Romans had met their match...

"Accordingly, when he was slain, he says that Arsaces, when he buried him, said- "Your courage and your drunkenness have ruined you, O Antiochus; for you hoped that, in your great cups, you would be able to drink up the kingdom of Arsaces."-Athenaeos quoting Apollodoros of Artemita on the burial of Antiochos VII Sidetes by Phraates II