Thread: new try: how to recruit standard greek Slingers?

Default new try: how to recruit standard greek Slingers?

Tried to ask this already but i try it again since it was some time ago.

I thought every unit listed with stats in the EDU would be available to recruit. But although the standard Greek Sphendonetai (Slingers) are listed there - i cannot recruit them. Is this some bug or are they just not available in this release?
    Play as Pergamon - h/h ...i could get the eastern Slingers though but they have shorter range and are more expensive.

thanks,
    Kleitos

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: new try: how to recruit standard greek Slingers?

The EDU isn't the issue; I think someone's missed them off the export_descr_buildings.txt listing for the Greek government buildings.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

ok, thanks. ..is this just something one can change by oneself in the export_descr_buildings.txt or is it in this release not possible to make use of the Sphendonetai?

Quote Originally Posted by Kleitos View Post
    ok, thanks. ..is this just something one can change by oneself in the export_descr_buildings.txt or is it in this release not possible to make use of the Sphendonetai?
    It's a fairly trivial edit of the EDB, as I understand it, but I have no idea if it's savegame compatible.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

@Kleitos, if you're still looking to do this (and I recognise it's now months later), I've edited the EBD to allow slingers in Greek Polis buildings. I'd recommend the second version, rather than the first. It's not savegame compatible, I'm afraid, I don't think any EDB changes are.

Odd, I think I could recruit the Hellenic slinger with the Phillhellenic Satrapy as the Pahlavans. So I probably assumed they could be recruited by the Hellenes.
    This was usually my transitional period while I waited for Eastern Imperial Culture to rise up to 30%. [In the Baktrian and Seleucid regions]
    I would need to restart and try again (since I'm just doing quick campaigns and playing with the new mini updates) since I brought in the new files. (Generally things are save incompatible, so I'm not sure).

I know as Epeiros, there were no buildings that let you recruit Hellenic Slingers. I don't think Makedonia could either; it seems lots of non-Hellenistic factions can, though.

@quintus: thank you very much for the info.
    i would like to try out your modifications anyway. But just dont find time for playin at the time.
    Last edited by Kleitos; 04-26-2015 at 19:24.