Thread: OK, this is just frightening..

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Default OK, this is just frightening..

are any here Psychologists? I need help.

so, the other day, after having finished work, I went to bed, for what I hoped would be a good day's rest. I accordingly blacked out. while I am asleep, I dream of being up and walking up to the lead logger, and then turning back, having said something, but not remembering what it was about, or what the reply was. lights out again.

Anyways, I wake up a few hours later, unbelievably tired, and I dress and walk out to have a drink of water. As I do, I notice she's staring at me funny--like she saw a ghost or at a madman. I ask her what's wrong, and she explains that that dream apparently was not a dream: I had gone out and asked her if she needed a sample catcher--a strange question when you consider that they were drilling no faster than 10 foot an hour. She then added that she said no, she didn't, nor ever mentioned anything of that, and told me to go back to sleep.

I laughed it off before her, and blamed it on sleepwalking. But I'm scared out of my wits: why would I ask her a question for this? Surely there must have been a reason I'd think that, but don't remember anything before that moment (and that moment I barely remember--certainly not what I said). I'm so terrified that I've tied my left-hand to the bed post when I sleep, so I wouldn't do it again. Am I losing my mind? What is going on?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: OK, this is just frightening..

Did study it but never worked as one. Sounds like you are just overworked, take a few days off.
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-18-2015 at 09:32.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Consider this source. Frag's may well be on the right track here.

As to the unusual content of the conversation, it a current best guess that dreams are a by-product of the mind's normal sorting of things into memory and processing of previous events. They need not, and often do not, follow the same pattern as our linear "waking" thoughts. So the odd content of your discussion with the logger -- and by the way yanks tend to use that term only for forestry industry persons -- probably stems from that.

Try to get some real rest for several days and normalize your schedule to the fullest extent possible. If that doesn't snap the pattern, then get to a doctor. This is dangerous to you in that you apparently are not producing the paralyzer that normally leaves us immobile while our dreams do their thing. The doctor may be able to assist with this if your problem persists.

Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 01-19-2015 at 15:17.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Good
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Forgot to mention, remove anything with the colour blue from your bedroom. Don't ask why it's complicated, just do it.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Forgot to mention, remove anything with the colour blue from your bedroom. Don't ask why it's complicated, just do it.
    Not all that complicated really. Blue items are blue because they reflect blue wavelength light. This is also true of our atmosphere during daylight. A million years of evolutionary development have trained your brain to associate light and medium toned blue light with daytime and it actually depresses melatonin production. Since melatonin is one of the vital natural sleep components....

Source: Esp. under blue light special section
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also part of why I use f.lux on my computer.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I had a similar experience over 15 years ago. Never happened again or made any difference in my life. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Oh, I do now...found out what people are saying on the rig-site now that this (and other weird things) have been happening.

bunch of backstabbing...: glad to know team spirit's just great! Moments like this remind me why I keep to myself: all I get is crap from everyone in real life.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post
    Oh, I do now...found out what people are saying on the rig-site now that this (and other weird things) have been happening.

bunch of backstabbing...: glad to know team spirit's just great! Moments like this remind me why I keep to myself: all I get is crap from everyone in real life.
    Sounds like your little work buddies are less than wonderful. Good luck, and I hope no one stabs your back.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

too late for that too.

Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy Blue View Post
    it's done and over with. Not much can be done now. I have a new well assigned to me, and the Whiting wells should resume in March (I hope).

This is why I'm glad I don't dream.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

heh, well it looks like I won't have to worry about her or anyone at work: just got laid off, due to lack of work--the company can't afford me as a worker.

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    This is why I'm glad I don't dream.
    Since you have a functioning brain, this is incorrect.

heh, well it looks like I won't have to worry about her or anyone at work: just got laid off, due to lack of work--the company can't afford me as a worker.
    Sorry. The whole industry is in belt-tightening mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Since you have a functioning brain, this is incorrect.
    A dream is just what we remember of what our brain churns out while we sleep. I almost never experience that. First time was when I was 22.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Quote Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
    A dream is just what we remember of what our brain churns out while we sleep. I almost never experience that. First time was when I was 22.
    I too remember very few of my dreams, an seldom remember them for very long. But it has been documented that all humans dream as a part of normal brain function when unconscious for some stretch of time.

Sorry. The whole industry is in belt-tightening mode.
    don't be:

1-You weren't the one to put in me in this situation (that girl on the other hand...)

2-it's not as disastrous as one would expect. Not after some recent developments. There will be an announcement on this soon, to be delivered to my family.

don't be:

1-You weren't the one to put in me in this situation (that girl on the other hand...)

2-it's not as disastrous as one would expect. Not after some recent developments. There will be an announcement on this soon, to be delivered to my family.
    I meant sorry FOR your misfortune. I know I was not it's author.

Best wishes moving forward.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hope these recent developments ended up being beneficial for you in the short or long term.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    I hope these recent developments ended up being beneficial for you in the short or long term.
    long term--just have to financially survive till August. The letter in question should come soon: I am assured it will have what I need.

I too remember very few of my dreams, an seldom remember them for very long. But it has been documented that all humans dream as a part of normal brain function when unconscious for some stretch of time.
    I do, got to get my act together once I woke up, they can be so realistic. It's pretty neat really, I have no idea how the locations I dreamed of came to be and who the people that are there are. Must have seen these people in real life but I don't remember ever meeting them irl