Thread: When a suspected criminal asks the others to shut down the court

Default When a suspected criminal asks the others to shut down the court

Yeah, so just by looking at the map of member countries on Wikipedia, one can easily tell that all the righteous peaceful countries of the world are members of the ICC while the ones which constantly start wars and cause other kinds of troubles are not (yellow or red).

So now the Palestinians joined the ICC and the ICC had the idea that maybe there was something worthy of investigation in their area, suspecting war criminals on both sides. Please note that I said both sides, both is the important word. Let me bold it: both

Now one of the parties it wants to have a look at is not a signatory, it's a country called Israel, you may have heard of it. This country now has an issue with the court and asked many of the members to stop funding the court in response. The only reason I can think of is that they fear some things might be exposed that they do not want to be exposed.

It's hilarious, I know, but I wanted to share it with everyone.

Link: http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0KR06720150118

"We will demand of our friends in Canada, in Australia and in Germany simply to stop funding it," he told Israel Radio. Officials told Reuters the lobbying effort would also target Japan, whose Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is visiting Israel.

"This body represents no one. It is a political body," Lieberman said, adding that he would raise the matter with visiting Canadian counterpart John Baird on Sunday.
    You may think what you want of that court, but this is just ridiculous.
    I really hope they won't convince a single country and everybody tells them to bugger off.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: When a suspected criminal asks the others to shut down the court

It's more funny than that.

They've also:

Decided to stop giving Palestine the taxes that they collect on their behalf (not that the Palestinians get a choice in this)
    The USA has also stated that this act is not helpful and that they too might withdraw finding - as goign to courts to arbitrate things is Not the way that America does things when the outcome might be against it.

Also, note the complete lack of a scream of outrage from the EU (either separate countries or in total)... or anywhere else for that matter.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Israeli exceptionalism.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    It's more funny than that.

They've also:

Decided to stop giving Palestine the taxes that they collect on their behalf (not that the Palestinians get a choice in this)
    The USA has also stated that this act is not helpful and that they too might withdraw finding - as goign to courts to arbitrate things is Not the way that America does things when the outcome might be against it.

Also, note the complete lack of a scream of outrage from the EU (either separate countries or in total)... or anywhere else for that matter.

The operative word is not "might."
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

This just shows how pointless the ICC really is. Palestine Isn't a state and thus the ICC has no jurisdiction over them.

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    This just shows how pointless the ICC really is.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by classical_hero View Post
    Palestine Isn't a state and thus the ICC has no jurisdiction over them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...e_of_Palestine
    That is apparently not how everyone sees it. I'd say the green countries together have roughly 2/3rds of the planet's population.

Based on the few countries that do not recognize Israel, I might just claim that it is also not a state.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...tion_of_Israel

You mean to say they should just stay in limbo and any atrocities that happen in limbo should stay in limbo?
    But then it should also be fine for anyone to ship weapons to limbo, more fireworks for everyone else!

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu