Thread: How to Taxes: A Five Minute Guide to Income in Attila Total War

Default How to Taxes: A Five Minute Guide to Income in Attila Total War

Confused as hell as to how the income calculations actually work and how to maximize them? Follow this tutorial for mega money making! It might seem like ezpz for the hardcore, but I think it'll be beneficial for a lot!

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

Default Re: How to Taxes: A Five Minute Guide to Income in Attila Total War

thanks, I'm finding that income is the hardest aspect of Attila
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

Well that was a big bunch of no shit sherlock. And unless Atilla has dropped a bunch from the tech tree. Many civil techs reduce corruption and increase tax revenue.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

There are indeed some corruption reduction and tax increase benefits in the tech tree....but not nearly to the same degree as in R2. The Attila civil tech tree seems to focus a bit more on the wealth modifiers discussed in the OP video.

Another thing I've noticed is that there are more juicy-income buildings which require certain trade resources to build. For example, the Amber Trader building requires access to Gems. There was a little bit of that in R2, but seems they've developed that concept some more. In R2, usually one simply had to hold a resource and develop whichever town sat on it. In Attila, holding a resource boosts trade, but doesn't otherwise do much on its own; you have to build a separate structure...potentially in another region or even province...to fully unlock a resource's full wealth potential.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

@Bramborough, in Atilla, you actually do not get to trade the resource until you have built the first level of the production facility. Example: Geats sit on a wood region at the start but they cannot trade would until "primal forests" have been built.

True, I should've mentioned that as well. I guess what I was trying to say is that the resource production facility itself (at least, the Saxons' wood & gem version) doesn't directly generate income; it simply makes the resource available, and also provides a small wealth +modifier for certain types of buildings.

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bramborough View Post
    True, I should've mentioned that as well. I guess what I was trying to say is that the resource production facility itself (at least, the Saxons' wood & gem version) doesn't directly generate income; it simply makes the resource available, and also provides a small wealth +modifier for certain types of buildings.
    This varies by resource too. For example, marble production facility gives a huge direct income boost.

With marble, I wonder how good the modifier building is considering how low cultural wealth is. Anyone wanna do a calculation :P