Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Assault no. 2

Default Re: Assault no. 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    language isn't static.
    Neither is wikipedia, what's your point?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    Neither is wikipedia, what's your point?
    That being against immigration isn't racist in the way the word is used now. It's like putting on your wizard hat and casting the spell racismus when it's just common sense to be against the mass-immigration of useless people that Sweden does at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Technically speaking, he is clearly a racist, if we define a racist as someone who believes that there are biological hierarchies of cognitive ability among selected groups of people and that society should be organized according to these hierarchies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    Also taught several immigrant kids to A level in math :)
    Compare those and you will see that the bolded isn't true, which kinda excludes Kadagar from the category you place him in. That is if you believe what he has said of kids and maths. So again comes the question of trust .
    And Kadagar was explicit enough in his dislike as to any immigrants violently inconveniencing him irrespective of their race. If those were, say, from Norway or Belarus, it wouldn't make him appreciate their bullying. So it is not racism, you may term it anti-immigrationism.
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 03-28-2015 at 14:24.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    That being against immigration isn't racist in the way the word is used now. It's like putting on your wizard hat and casting the spell racismus when it's just common sense to be against the mass-immigration of useless people that Sweden does at the moment.
    The problem is NOT being against immigration problems, but the things he says about those "useless people". Even calling them "useless people" is quite a shady thing to say depending on what you actually mean to say with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Compare those and you will see that the bolded isn't true, which kinda excludes Kadagar from the category you place him in. That is if you believe what he has said of kids and maths. So again comes the question of trust .
    Immigrants can come from many countries, he might be teaching Finnish and even African immigrant kids and still think that all Africans are inherently stupid, doesn't change a thing. Kadagar started entire topics about the inferior intelligernce of Africans, those don't just disappear either. Just that he taught them really means just that he taught them. IIRC he once even said that the African kids in his classes were all inherently dumber than the white kids or something like that, I'm not going to search for the exact words now.
    Last edited by Husar; 03-28-2015 at 14:29.

Immigrants can come from many countries, he might be teaching Finnish immigrant kids and still think that all Africans are inherently stupid, doesn't change a thing. Kadagar started entire topics about the inferior intelligernce of Africans, those don't just disappear either.
    I may be wrong, but I think that he meant the immigrants in question (teaching who he had once admitted). Yet let Kadagar himself clarify.

Compare those and you will see that the bolded isn't true
    Eh? That makes no sense. The fact of acting as teacher to some children does not preclude one's holding such opinions of those children, or, more significantly, of the groups they are members of.

He has made himself quite clear on the issue in hundreds of posts in dozens of threads here over the years.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Eh? That makes no sense. The fact of acting as teacher to some children does not preclude one's holding such opinions of those children, or, more significantly, of the groups they are members of.

He has made himself quite clear on the issue in hundreds of posts in dozens of threads here over the years.
    I don't see how it cancels the fact that his (presumably) black/arab student excelled in maths and he willingly admitted it.

I don't see how it cancels the fact that his (presumably) black/arab student excelled in maths and he willingly admitted it.
    It's not relevant to the issue. Here's an example closer to home: "I know and work with Tatars. Some of them are my friends. However, I do believe that as a people they are 'less civilized and cultured' than us Slavs".

Tatar here is interchangeable with any other Soviet ethnic group, including ostensibly "white" Georgians and Armenians.. Of course, at the apex you have, say, Muscovite Russians, who look down on everyone, including Belorussians and Ukrainians.

Interestingly, there is such a hierarchy within the Jewish world: Bukharan Jews are considered by Ashkenazi (ex-Soviet) Jews to be primitive or savage, "closer to Muslims than to Jews".

All of this is not strictly racism according to the streamlined definition I offered, but the point was simply to show that the quote you presented has no bearing on the matter in any particular way. In fact, this is exactly what many rightists leverage to accuse leftists of harboring racist attitudes toward their "protected populations".
    Vitiate Man.

Husar 

Maybe you should ask Kadagar about such (presumable) inconsistencies and not me?

I show you two entire threads full of racist statements and you counter with an assumption about a sentence?

Maybe you should ask Kadagar about such (presumable) inconsistencies and not me?
    Am I asking you something? Like I said - let us wait for his clarification.

I've tended to think that Kadagar is racist, but mostly due to his experience with the immigrants in Sweden (rather than an inherent belief that white/scandanavian culture superior) and he applies that to the races at whole.

I agree with PVC that if he had not met the immigrants (or at least those kind) he would probably have a different outlook.

No offence intended Kad, though I am calling you racist .
    Last edited by Visor; 03-28-2015 at 15:57.

Kadagar, come out of your hiding you slacker!
    Can't you see people here are fuming to hear you speak and make sure once again you were a racist. They wouldn't be able to have a nice sleep without it.

Visor 

Kadagar, come out of your hiding you slacker!
    Can't you see people here are fuming to hear you speak and make sure once again you were a racist. They wouldn't be able to have a nice sleep without it.
    LOL!! :)

I just call things for what they are...

As teacher I have taught all kinds of kids, heck, if I combine what I have seen from my 10 years as ski instructor as well, working with all types of people from around the globe, the picture becomes even more clear.

Racial differences do exist, and it's just stupid not to acknowledge it. We can start with that some are white, black, and so on...

I have also noted that some cultures are harder to integrate...

Say you have 100 students from homes with analphabetic parents, and 100 students from homes with university educated parents...

Which of the groups do you think would be easier to teach?

Don't get me wrong, you will find gifted and stupid kids in BOTH of the groups... But it's quite easy to see a trend...

Do you think a human society gets smarter by cousin-marriage, or dumber because of it? This is just SCIENCE mate, some cultures are still very fond of cousin marriage, and that in the end always do show genetically...

So again, would you prefer to teach a 100 kids whos family isn't inbred, or to teach a 100 kids who are?

Again, you will find gifted and stupid kids in both groups, of course... But I mean... Imagine you worked at a betting company... Where would you place your bet?

I do acknowledge that racial differences exists (such as skin colour). I also acknowledge that some cultural groups will be inherently harder to function in a modern western society...

I do NOT however let that influence how I deal with people in my everyday life, or my professional life... Because then I meet with INDIVIDUALS...

As Swedens politics are though, we are accepting people in the hundreds of thousands a year... And when we start to talk about numbers THAT big, we HAVE to start talk about cultural differences.

There is a reason why we internationally have dropped from a top 3 position at education, down to a 50+ position... And if we just keep on screaming "RACIST" when people point as to why, we will never be able to fix the problems.

I would prefer to call myself a realist... I just call things for what they are.

But the idea that I would have any "White Supremacy" fantasies or tendencies are a laugh and a half... In the last school I worked, as an example, I worked for free in the evenings to help immigrant kids with their homework, as their parents couldnt....

Where I worked as ski instructor, I one week a year took leave from work, and organized free rental equipment and liftcards, to teach a beginner group of kids whos families couldnt afford it (this was both Austrian kids and immigrants, but the majority of the group was always immigrants).

So to throw "racist" in my face... Nah. I just don't buy it.

I am however deeply concerned with what we are doing to Sweden these days...

How do you like "racial chauvinist"?
    Vitiate Man.

Senior Member Senior Member Fisherking's Avatar

The problem is NOT being against immigration problems, but the things he says about those "useless people". Even calling them "useless people" is quite a shady thing to say depending on what you actually mean to say with it.
    Actually I have heard the same thing said in other states when Californians flooded in fleeing high taxes and property values to snap up local properties. Of course the rub was they wanted to remake the new place in the image of the place they were fleeing.

It is just human nature to call people from a less understood group dumb or stupid.
    Natives will generally prefer natives, what ever the location.

Education: that which reveals to the wise,
    and conceals from the stupid,
    the vast limits of their knowledge.
    Mark Twain

How do you like "racial chauvinist"?
    Yeah, I will stick to realist :)

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

It means what it says, most immigrants in Sweden are from Somalia, a third world war-torn country, how can you expect them to suddenly be of any use to Sweden? I could even call it kinda cruel to expect it. The other are also from war-torn countries , in the middle east, and have all sorts of psychological problems because of that. It's good to give people shelter but the capacity to do that just isn't there if it are so many, they will always be ghosts so to say. It just isn't reasonable to ask this from the Swedes. The Swedish government treats it's citizins like labrats.
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-29-2015 at 07:24.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234