Thread: Which faction have you enjoyed the most ?

Default Which faction have you enjoyed the most ?

I assume many of you have had the chance to try out a few different factions by now. Who have you enjoyed playing with the most and why?

For me I think the most fun I had was with the Ostrogoths.

*Stong mix of infantry. Overall a good mix of units. (I love to flank with Thracian Oathsworns when I can afford them later)

*Enjoyed the fact you can capture Roman settlements and produce Roman based units. This caused me to help protect some seperatists on my last campaign and try to help them level up so I could then conquor them and use their buildings creating a fun mini game withing the overall campaign. I dont really need the Roman units as the Ostrogoths have very good units of their own, but overall i like the varierity. The more variety in my armies, the more variety to the battles I fight...

*Fun starting position. I roamed a bit as a horde and then settled into Narbonensis and Aquitania. I liked the fact I could push into Spain, Italia, or towards Britania from there and I felt a little seperated from the hunnish invasion.

*Their generals are mounted as supposed to foot soldiers.

2nd to the Ostrogoths would be the ERE so far. I have also tried the WRE, Langobards, Picts, Geats, Saxons, and Jutes.

Default Re: Which faction have you enjoyed the most ?

Agreed. I've played only three factions thus far, but I've also enjoyed Ostrogoths the most. I should note, however, it's a small edge. Have also enjoyed Saxons and Geats (who are extremely similar to each other).

For me, the Ostrogoths' edge over the two Nordic factions has been due to three factors:

1. Greater selection of missile troops (i.e., Ostros have crossbows and high-end archers, Saxon/Geats do not).
    2. Availability of Roman units, particularly in garrison forces.
    3. I really like the Arian Christian province edicts, compared to the Germanic pagan ones.