Thread: Formation Lock for Otomo

Default Formation Lock for Otomo

So, I finished the long campaign on normal as Chosakabe, and except for a few moments, I've generally been able to lock the new formation I set up during the set up phase. What I did was group everyone together, click on a random preset formation, rearrange my new formation, disband the group, and re-group everyone. As I said, it's generally worked fine.

But now that I'm starting a new campaign (domination, normal) as Otomo, I can't get it to work at all. Is the problem the matchlocks or something? I'm in 1755 now, and I've only been able to get a custom formation to work once. Only once. Now I'm just scared of open field battles, which is ridiculous in a TW game. Does anyone know any solutions to this?

And yes, I know about the lock button at the bottom left, I've tried toggling it, to no avail.

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Default Re: Formation Lock for Otomo

Sorry, I'll admit I never use formations, I just group certain similar units and then use that to drag and smear them where I want them. Hopefully someone else here will jump in with some help.

Default Re: Formation Lock for Otomo

I believe it's ctrl-G to lock a group into the current formation. You'll notice a little lock besides the group number if it happens.
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.