Thread: The Secretary to Europa Barbarorum

Uergobretos Senior Member Brennus's Avatar

Default The Secretary to Europa Barbarorum

Greetings Europa Barbarorum fans!

Since our last release there has been much debate among the team as to the approach which we take regarding how open this project should be, and whether there are more efficient ways to involve fans and volunteers than the system we have been using for the past few years. These discussions are still ongoing, and if you have any views please feel free to start a thread discussing them. Irrespective of the outcome of these discussions, one thing has been agreed on; we need a very particular type of volunteer to join us to help. As many of the older fans will remember the way in which the EB team interacts and connects with fans and the forums has changed much; from empire sized previews every four to six months, to our current approach of small, regular tweets and Facebook updates. Recently the flow of information dried up quite a bit. Our apologies for that, however the team member responsible for managing these interactions, Brennus, needed to take some time off to get his real life back in order. This is not the first time such things have happened, with many well known team members, perhaps most notable of whom were Foot and JMRC, having to do the same.

What then is the purpose of this message? Well, in order to avoid such problems in the future, we are hoping to recruit a very specific team member: The Secretary to Europa Barbarorum. It may not sound like a very grand title, but the team has agreed that this is just the sort of person who we need to help speed things up.

This role will involve:
    Moderation of the Org, TWC and Europa Barbarorum II Facebook page
    Responding to questions from fans regarding gameplay issues, development queries and compiling suggestions for future additions or improvements
    Keeping a record of what fans have suggested for future releases
    Monitoring the recruitment threads and making relevant EBII team member aware of who has applied. So for example if a 3D modeller applies, letting team members like Tux or nazgool aware so they can assess them.
    Being the primary point of contact between fans and the EBII team

The skills and attributes we are looking for are:
    Dedication to the success of Europa Barbarorum
    Active involvement in either or both the Org and TWC communities
    Sufficient familiarity with the gameplay of EBII to be able to answer questions from fans
    Good diplomatic skills (you cannot charge 2,000 mnai and demand map information for responding to fans)
    Good organisational skills, in particular being able to distil comments and suggestions from fans into a succinct form which may be passed onto the relevant team members
    Reasonable to good technical knowledge (although specific team members will be happy to help add to this)

In lieu of being able to interview individuals, we must note that preference will be given to those who are already active on either the Org, TWC or communicate regularly with the EB team via Twitter or the Facebook accounts. This approach has been adopted in order to try and offset the problem which we have encountered with several volunteers in the past: time wasters.
    As noted, the title Secretary to Europa Barbarorum may not appear to be a particularly glamourous one, but the role itself is one which will, hopefully, prove highly useful in enabling us to complete this project.

As always, thank you for your ongoing support and good luck with your games!
    -The Europa Barbarorum II Team
    Last edited by Brennus; 04-09-2015 at 21:58.

donated by ARCHIPPOS for being friendly to new people.
    donated by Macilrille for wit.
    donated by stratigos vasilios for starting new and interesting threads
    donated by Tellos Athenaios as a welcome to Campus Martius

Members thankful for this post (3):

Default Re: The Secretary to Europa Barbarorum

Might I suggest posting this on TWC also?

Great initiative btw! :)

Member thankful for this post:

That is the plan, however I am waiting on a team member with moderator priviledges to do so.

Thank you!

I know I'm a lousy diplomat. So it's no job for me. At least until a force diplomacy mod comes out.
    Sorry to hear you had some stuff to sort our IRL. We all get that at some point, but it's usually not fun.

Member thankful for this post:

Well i guess i fit in with most of those categories. I do find myself browsing the EB forums like 1h each day waiting for a new update, so if i can actually put that hour to a good use instead of procrastinating i'd be happy to help :D I haven't been active at the or in a while, but let me know if you are interested in my assistance
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Members thankful for this post (2):

It does not seem that the advert was posted over at TWC, so that means Anubis you are the only applicant thus far. We will be in touch shortly.

Europa Barbarorum Secretary