Thread: Modding the EDU

Member Member Antonivs Silvicola's Avatar
    Lurking in the forests of the Tabletop Mountains...

Default Modding the EDU

Just curious about modding the EDU. It crashes the game everytime I try to mod something. What am I doing wrong? Never had any problems modding EBI or any Kingdoms EDU.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogitas-Do not wish ill for your enemy, plan it.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Modding the EDU

What program are you using to edit it? Regular Notepad can create errors that corrupt the file; you should be using Notepad++ or Crimson Editor.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Ive always used notepad without any problem. Ill try the others. Thank you.

No luck. Open to suggestions here.

Crashes your save game or a new campaign?

Both.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antonivs Silvicola View Post
    Both.
    send me your EDU.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

@Antonivs SilvicolaCan't help you like this: you have to send the EDU, not just a copy-paste of the EDU. here are the reasons:

Firstly, it preserves any errors your EDU might have in terms of spacing (hidden errors too). This is lost copy-pasting it
    Secondly, and more importantly: It's kind of hard replying to you via PM (or do anything) when directly copy-pasting the EDU's text causes my browser to crash.

you have to attach the text-file itself to your email. You should have this function at the bottom of your PM page (Under "additional Options"). alternately, use a file-sharing site (like Gamefront or rapidshare).
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg