View Poll Results: Who are you holding your nose and voting for?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Trump

4 16.67%
  • Hillary

10 41.67%
  • Johnson

8 33.33%
  • Stein

2 8.33%
Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Election thread

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: POTUS thread

In a portfolio of business efforts totaling more than $1B, it is likely that there will be dozens of different business ventures. Some will fail, others succeed, a few no more than break even. The failures declare bankruptcy precisely so as to limit the financial impact of that "fail" on the rest of the portfolio.

So yeah, Ford had the Edsel and Trump had Trump Uni....
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Finished listening to Trumps speech. I didn't know America was such a shit hole.

I'm going to buy a gun and invest all my savings in gold just in case Trump is defeated in his quest to restore law and order.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

By the way, even if I don't agree on any issue with Ted Cruz, I will always love him to for walking to the lions den and undermining Trump at his big banana republic convention.

If you want to understand why it was Ted Cruz that lasted the longest and not Kasich or JEB!, try asking yourself what kind of politician decides to stay home and stay quiet when his party decides to pick a wanna be Mussolini?

Xiahou 

Jon Stewart surfaced on Colbert's show:

Ja-mata TosaInu

There was more:

After it came The Word (with Colbert still playing his old persona once more in a way), but you can look for that yourselves in the channel if you want.

What I liked though, despite not watching all of it, is this older interview:

Trump and Alex Jones getting along well? And that is the Republican nominee?
    Will/Would he make David "The Queen is a Reptilian Shapeshifter" Icke the Minister of Foreign Affairs?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Kaine
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Very smart choice for Hillary. He's safe, no real scandals, an overall good guy, a somewhat moderate Democrat who might bring in some disillusioned Republicans. Its angered some progressives but most are going to suck it up and vote for Hillary anyways. Also he is well liked in Virginia so that is important too.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

If Clinton is able to carry Virgina because of Kaine, Trump would need to win Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Colorado in order to win. Losing any of those is a loss for him unless he somehow wins Pennsylvania.

Safe is the key perception.
    The absence of a progressive as a fellow traveler might signal the electoral strategy ie: no need to "feel the bern" since they really have no choice.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Finished listening to Trumps speech. I didn't know America was such a shit hole.

I'm going to buy a gun and invest all my savings in gold just in case Trump is defeated in his quest to restore law and order.
    Wrong answer. Like my brother knight of Columbus up in Virginia (A TRUE anti-"guv'mint" survivalist), you should already HAVE the gun and should be stocking up on .228 ammo and un-hybridized seed. Gold will mean little when it all collapses.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    If Clinton is able to carry Virgina because of Kaine, Trump would need to win Ohio, Florida, North Carolina and Colorado in order to win. Losing any of those is a loss for him unless he somehow wins Pennsylvania.
    What I have been saying for months, including in this thread.

Trump will win Penn.

Id bet on it

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Trump will win Penn.

Id bet on it
    Ill take that bet, if just to make things interesting around here. How about if Hillary wins Penn, you make a thread about how Im the greatest. If Trump wins Penn, I will make a thread about you.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    Ill take that bet, if just to make things interesting around here. How about if Hillary wins Penn, you make a thread about how Im the greatest. If Trump wins Penn, I will make a thread about you.
    deal. You're going to have to work at it though. I have had many threads dedicated to me.

If Trump wins Penn, I will make a thread about you.
    It's a trap! No word on whether that thread will be praising you or not...

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Remember when the DNC rigging the election was pure conspiracy?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Hating on a candidate in internal emails isnt rigging, especially when that candidate had been hating on the DNC publicly. The biggest "smoking gun" that people are pointing to is one person asking about using his heritage against him in a very religious area. No evidence it was actually done. There is no evidence of DNC resources being used against Bernie. So much straw grasping.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Hating on a candidate in internal emails isnt rigging, especially when that candidate had been hating on the DNC publicly. The biggest "smoking gun" that people are pointing to is one person asking about using his heritage against him in a very religious area. No evidence it was actually done. There is no evidence of DNC resources being used against Bernie. So much straw grasping.
    Shill more.

Because obviously anyone who disagrees is a shill, right?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Shill.

Because obviously anyone who disagrees is a shill, right?

S
    H
    I
    L
    L

What a fantastic argument.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

What a fantastic argument.
    A shill would try to rise above pettiness.

Well, it's been established that the discourse around here has fallen to new lows so why even try?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

That attitude is why it will keep being as low as it is.

Default POTUS thread

It takes two to tango.

Edit: to clarify, my point is that it takes a group effort to raise the quality of discussion around here. Hard to raise the quality of discussion if one side refuses to cooperate. You can't force it either. So if Strike and co are willing to discuss these emails without resorting to calling me a shill, I would love to debate this.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 07-25-2016 at 05:07.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Husar 

Blog Entries

What are you guys talking about?
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Basically the DNC got their email hacked, revealed that a bunch of DNC people were super mad about Bernie and his campaign. Some think that it's proof how the DNC was rigged for Hillary, others believe that it's nothing but people letting off steam in internal emails. And so far the debate here about this has deteriorated to calling people shills so there's that.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Yeah I gotta go with Hooahguy on this one, the DNC being pissed at Bernie is as obvious as the republicans mainstays being pissed at Trump and I dont think the DNC specifically rigged it for bernie because the super delegate system is so screwed up they dont need to.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

When you have people who are supposed to be neutral creating strategies to specifically discredit one candidate to the benefit of another, it is definitely not normal.

It's no wonder people in USA are so pissed off at the system. Even the sane ones might vote for Trump just to see it all burn to the ground.

Default POTUS thread

Political parties are allowed to have a preference for candidate. I would love to see what the RNC was saying about Trump during the primary. Considering that the head of the party was publicly against Trump during it, I would be shocked if behind the scenes strategies weren't being discussed to defeat him.

I also find it weird that Wikileaks is strangely pro-Russian, who seem to really like Trump. I mean doesn't Assange have his own show on RT? I wouldn't be surprised if he was being fed this data by the Russian government to sow discord among the democrats, considering that Trump seems to be friendlier to Putin than Hillary.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 07-25-2016 at 12:00.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast