Thread: Empire Total War Modding Assistance with DBEditor.

Cool Empire Total War Modding Assistance with DBEditor.

Hello, i'm new to the Org, but not new to TW games in general, now i'm far behind on Empire: Total War, as i've just recently bought the thing on steam.

Now, i've played around with it for a while and decided it was time to see what the game can do. So i looked online and found the DBEditor.
    The Editor looks nice, although i haven't a clue how to use it. So here's the questions i have, if anyone can show me how to do it, that'd be great :)

1: Remove Spirit Medicine from requirement to build archers for Native American Factions in the Grand Campaign. This one is the one that urged me to seek modding, as i can play Natives with little editing, but could not train archers (so silly! but so true!)

2: Allow Native American factions to train Shamans and Scouts from the Warpath DLC (Note: I do not have the Warpath DLC). I don't remotely know how to do this, but any help on this would be helpful to counter those darn missionaries!

3: Allowing the Native American factions to train small, ships like the Sloop and whatnot. At the moment, i can spam Indiamen Trade Ships, but even a full stack of them die instantly to a Galleon, let alone a Ship-Of-The-Line. That being said, i'd like to at least be able to train Sloops.

4: Adding the Warpath Units into the Grand Campaign - still do not possess DLC, i don't know if that will affect the ability to add the units.

5: Editing the Years Per Turn. Self Explanatory, but still has me stumped... (to think, i was able to mod R:TW so easily x.x)

6: Removing the Fog of War Glitch that happens playing Minor (or Mughal) factions.

Last but not least, this is a big one: In the mod i'm using to allow me to play as the Native Americans, it's still using the European Tech - which is funny, but still annoying and ineffective. Is there a way to give me the would-be Native Tech? Or the Warpath tech or something similar?

A lot of questions for my first - but certainly not my last! post. I appreciate any assistance that i receive, thanks!

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Empire Total War Modding Assistance with DBEditor.

Bump