Thread: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Fans suggestion thread for future releases

Quote Originally Posted by CumPizdrul View Post
    I suggest about Romans :

1) to evidence (event) the difference between Senatus et Principatus atque Dominatus, in 3 different ages and consequent civil wars and even the " title " change from " faction leader " to " princeps " to " imperator". It would be interesting to focus on the " religious" qualifications ...pontifex...divus....augustus....associated to the character (e.g. the heir in the Principatus should have the " principis iuventutis" )
    You can't change titles in-game. They're all set once and for the whole duration in the expanded.txt.

2) to restore the Senatus missions until the changeling of the State form and to introduce the concept of "foederatus" to promote this old fashioned habit which was very recurring.
    We're not going to do that. They're a gamey and ahistorical feature.

3) to introduce the possibility to be elected ( quaestor, praetor...) even if the candidate is far away from Rome. Provided that he is winning battles against enemies or he accomplished a mission.
    We're not doing that either, it's done that way on purpose. Get your FMs back to Rome, or don't receive imperium. They already have a very generous pro-magisterial period after an election to operate with.

4) to introduce simple Roman Archers at the beginning ; then Roman Archers Auxilia and Roman Lancers Auxilia even in Rome and in some Provinciae. To reform Romans' equites, they remain the same even after marian reform, and even the Roman General Bodyguard, it remain the same.
    No, I'm afraid not. The javelin was the missile weapon of the Italian peninsular. The only new allied missile unit will be an Italic javelineer. You need to look to other cultures for missiles.

Marian Equites weren't any different from the Polybian ones, that's why they don't change.

5) for whole game : to introduce the possibility to train soldiers even if my army is far away from the region in which they usually got trained. I mean, if I am playing with Romans, and I am doing a campaign Vs Armenians, how I could finish it ? In 3-4 battles I will loose 40%-50% of my soldiers, so I should get back to Italy to re-train them and then move again in Armenia or...I should fill my army with mercenaries. It is very uncomfortable, I think.
    Again, not going to happen. Roman recruitment is the way it is by design. If you want Romans out in the provinces, you need to keep shipping out reinforcements to merge with your armies to make up losses.

In the Marian era, you can recruit local equivalents/supports through the Provinciae government. Half your force should be allied anyway.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Member thankful for this post: