Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum 2.08e is released!

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.03a is released!

Sorry can't see the link....just says EDIT10 as text

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HFox View Post
    Sorry can't see the link....just says EDIT10 as text
    Just been doing the mother of all debugging exercises in the descr_strat - going up now.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

And there we have it, people, after the mother of all debugging edits of the descr_strat, we're back on track. Seleukid players in particular will notice a sudden rash of Generals, where they'd previously had settlements with no governor. These were all erroneously down as "general" which actually means Captain. The way you make a General is by having a "named character" who is not on the family tree.

I've inadvertently removed all the lovely variety we had with the different Rebel bodyguards in the process, I thought it was the bodyguard unit causing the problem, but it was actually the above. I don't have time to go back and restore the various different units that were in use, now. Probably better that they're all using proper ones now, anyway.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

z3n still has more CAI/BAI tweaks to try in the coming weeks, and I want to put some variety back into the Rebel FM bodyguards, so there will be later versions. But for now, if this is stable, I'm going to leave be for a week or so for the detailed feedback to come in.

CAI is much more aggressive in this release, at last the AI is expanding again. I'm in turn 40, and, spying on Rome, I've seen them attacking full stack rebel cities:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At last.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	489.1 KB 
ID:	15622

I cannot say yet if the AI uses intelligently their fleet, but its land expansion rate is, at least, more challenging than before. The world feels alive again.

This is really promising, keep on team!
    Last edited by Saigrin; 06-17-2015 at 12:19.

Member thankful for this post:

Let me guess, Rome hasn't even bothered with Sicily and is starting the Gallic Wars already?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Let me guess, Rome hasn't even bothered with Sicily and is starting the Gallic Wars already?
    Well, I hope this pic helps you gaining some faith on the ai :D

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At last.jpg 
Views:	322 
Size:	478.9 KB 
ID:	15624

Cannot trigger early Polybian reform.
    Cannot build colony_rome_trade.

Quote Originally Posted by QWE_asd View Post
    Cannot trigger early Polybian reform.
    How early are we talking? It's set so it won't trigger before turn 101.

Cannot build colony_rome_trade.
    Can't build it where? You need to be outside Italy and have roads present.

It has past turn 101, I fought many large battles in cisalpine gaul, I tried to fight large battles against Carthage but they lost all their armies to other factions and has only one large army left so I attacked it 5 times with one leves (autoresolve).

I tried to build trade colony in Sicily and cisalpine gaul where I have either province gov or civil liberty gov, in the edb it seems only minimum level of road is required, I'm sure they all have roads.

I've seen something a bit weird. Playing as Makedonia, Even with "Epistateia epi Hellenas", the "Nomos Symmachos Autonomos" is still an option to build, when I think it has no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saigrin View Post
    I've seen something a bit weird. Playing as Makedonia, Even with "Epistateia epi Hellenas", the "Nomos Symmachos Autonomos" is still an option to build, when I think it has no sense.
    Are you playing 2.03c? It was an error in 2.03b's EDB that allowed Allied Governments to be built almost anywhere.

only 10 turns (cant stop reading :p) in my first eb2 carthage campaign with build 2.03c and i clearly see the improvements.
    - ai builds full stacks and attacks rebbels (and loses some of the battles)
    - better unit costs and upkeep, no more cheap elite's
    - ai uses forts/villages (not all)
    - more active ai in general

My mistake, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    only 10 turns (cant stop reading :p) in my first eb2 carthage campaign with build 2.03c and i clearly see the improvements.
    - ai builds full stacks and attacks rebbels (and loses some of the battles)
    - better unit costs and upkeep, no more cheap elite's
    - ai uses forts/villages (not all)
    - more active ai in general
    How have you found the mercenaries available to you?

My mistake, sorry
    No worries, with the frequent updates, it can be hard to keep track of what version people are playing. I'm getting read for another soon.

Still cannot build rome trade colony, has anyone built it?

Still cannot build rome trade colony, has anyone built it?
    I've no idea; thing is if it's broken it has been since 2.01, I haven't changed anything in that part of the EDB.

It says you require roads, not hidden_resource italy and minimum size town. Does the place you're trying to build it fit all those criteria?

I tried to build it in Sicily, I have province gov or civil liberty gov built there, that means they are not part of italy. I think all settlement there have road one built since the start. Also, their size are larger than town.

Is there going to be an expansion of gov types and building trees besides the unit expansion in the full summer release?

I tried to build it in Sicily, I have province gov or civil liberty gov built there, that means they are not part of italy. I think all settlement there have road one built since the start. Also, their size are larger than town.

Is there going to be an expansion of gov types and building trees besides the unit expansion in the full summer release?
    No one has concepted or planned any new buildings, so I'm doubtful. Recruitment is being reviewed fairly regularly, and sometimes bugged trees fixed, but that's mostly it for the EBD.

Fixed, it turns out that the "not hidden_resource" condition is bugged for precursor level buildings. As suggested here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...lding-DB-error

For the future, there should be a new hidden resource "not_italy".
    For now, the semi-savegame-compatible solution is:

step1. swap the order of socit and provinc in edb and delete provinc in socit's upgrade (doesn't make sense anyway, one requires italy the other requires not italy).
    step2. change condition of colony_r2_precursor to:
    colony_r2_precursor city requires factions { f_rome, } and building_present hinterland_roads and building_present_min_level govrome civlib and not building_present_min_level govrome socit

And by the way, what's the region name of Syracusa after rome conquers it? I tried Syracusa and Syrakousai neither works.

Still playing 2.03c,

I've seen celtiberian Redoi without a ranged attack, when their description tells they should have one.

Fixed, it turns out that the "not hidden_resource" condition is bugged for precursor level buildings. As suggested here https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...lding-DB-error

For the future, there should be a new hidden resource "not_italy".
    There must be another way that doesn't involve creating a labour-intensive hidden_resource (because not_italy would need to be added to 240-odd provinces). That post is relating to R:TW - do we know for sure the same issue persists in M2TW?

Using celtic, iberia, illyria, punic and perhaps greek1 would do it.

EDIT: In fact in the development build, it's been done a completely different way:

Code:
    colony_r2_precursor city requires factions { f_rome, } and building_present_min_level market market_one and not building_present_min_level hinterland_province_e province_038 or building_present_min_level hinterland_province_e province_043
    For now, the semi-savegame-compatible solution is:

step1. swap the order of socit and provinc in edb and delete provinc in socit's upgrade (doesn't make sense anyway, one requires italy the other requires not italy).
    step2. change condition of colony_r2_precursor to:
    colony_r2_precursor city requires factions { f_rome, } and building_present hinterland_roads and building_present_min_level govrome civlib and not building_present_min_level govrome socit

And by the way, what's the region name of Syracusa after rome conquers it? I tried Syracusa and Syrakousai neither works.
    No change to the EDB is savegame compatible in EBII. It'll crash your saved game when you attempt to load it.

Still playing 2.03c,

I've seen celtiberian Redoi without a ranged attack, when their description tells they should have one.
    They've got a primary javelin attack:

Code:
    stat_pri                13, 0, javelin, 60, 8, thrown, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    Is it not working?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 06-21-2015 at 20:03.

No change to the EDB is savegame compatible in EBII. It'll crash your saved game when you attempt to load it.

It's save-game compatible for me, changing building leveling order and build condition does not crash the game. The only
    flaw is that all my provinc and socit are swapped because the save file only holds the building level.

------------------------------------
    Also, another thing for the team to consider:

The "trade fleet" attribute of the building only affects the amount of projected trade income display, not
    how much you actually get. And that projection is always there, never actually happens in the next turn.

The number of possible "sea exports" (most valuable trade income) is the level of port building tree and
    has a maximum of 3. (sea imports do not seem to be affected by anything.)

I suggest two things:
    1. Adjust the trade fleet for port buildings so they have a trade fleet number equals to their level and no greater than 3.
    2. Change the trade fleet bonus of port garrison buildings into trade income bonus.
    Last edited by QWE_asd; 06-21-2015 at 23:53.

Running through some final tests on 2.03d, by way of preview, here's the changelog:
    • Further alterations to campaign AI and diplomacy, and more updates to battle AI.
    • Another tweak to the money script to be less generous, and to withdraw the early support more slowly from smaller factions.
    • Revised General (ie non-FM named character) bodyguards and Rebel FM bodyguards.
    • Removed free upkeep from buildings which don't provide any troops, since this is redundant due to the way free upkeep is hardcoded. Given a farming and trade bonus instead.
    • Slight tweaks to mercenary pools and their refresh rates.
    • Increased the wage of assassins, to hopefully curb their use by the AI.
    • Yet more alterations to Rebel garrisons; in light of the more aggressive AI, all have gone up by one unit on average, unless they're near Pontos/Pergamon or Getai
    • Line infantry units have Guard Mode on by default - which should improve AI durability, especially in their use of the phalanx.
    • ThureosReform condition removed from Machimoi Phalangitai - though you still need either an Allied Government or Native Colony in the right place to get them.
    • Added some more Pantopapoi Phalangitai to Seleukid and Ptolemaioi starting armies/garrisons.
    • Reduced Steppe cavalry refresh rates from Saka/Sauromatae/Pahlava factional government buildings.
    • Added Native Garrisons to rebalance the change to Hellenistic recruitment. The following gain an eastcol_one: Hekatompylos and Sousa.
    • Also added some Hellenistic Colonies to some places, namely Alexandreia, Antiocheia and Dispolis-Megale gain a helcol_one.
    • Found another unit for Hayastan - Asiatikoi Hippeis - medium cavalry.
    • Segourina and Mada Asabara reviewed and amended. All shield values for infantry reviewed and updated to new formula.
    • All successors now start with a unit of Hypaspistai (with either the Faction Leader or Faction Heir).
    • Fixed Roman Trade Colony - now possible to build it.
    • Reverted Coming of Age to 16.
    • Given Nisaya appropriate government building and added a herds building, since it's now the Pahlava capital.
    • Fixed carthage_polis and carthage_council regional recruitment pools. Altered the availability of Liby-Phoenicians in the carthage_colony and military colony buildings.
    • All Hellenistic factions now get a small pool of native recruitment with all non-precursor government buildings bar the top tier. This is not global, but in areas they had a close geographic or cultural link to.
    • Rebalanced ship costs/upkeep and refresh to reduce naval spam.

Also, another thing for the team to consider:

The "trade fleet" attribute of the building only affects the amount of projected trade income display, not
    how much you actually get. And that projection is always there, never actually happens in the next turn.

The number of possible "sea exports" (most valuable trade income) is the level of port building tree and
    has a maximum of 3. (sea imports do not seem to be affected by anything.)

I suggest two things:
    1. Adjust the trade fleet for port buildings so they have a trade fleet number equals to their level and no greater than 3.
    2. Change the trade fleet bonus of port garrison buildings into trade income bonus.
    Is there a similar issue with industry buildings? They also claim a bonus to income that they never actually deliver.

Is there a similar issue with industry buildings? They also claim a bonus to income that they never actually deliver.
    I think they are separate issues.
    The trade fleet "bug" existed since vanilla and is also in StainlessSteel, there are many posts about this issue.

The industry income issue is different. The income (not counting trade income bonus) is very small 200 ~300 and there
    are more buildings with -200~300 industry income. The total industry income cannot go below zero (same with
    law and happiness) so there is no penalty for building an academy when you don't have an industry building,
    which made industry building tree somewhat useless.

I think there should be a bonus on either industry income or mining income when both mine and industry building are present.

Thoras 

2.03d is ready, check the first post. Changelist:
    • Further alterations to campaign AI and diplomacy, and more updates to battle AI. Don't worry about early alliances, they should settle down within 10-20 turns, and won't prevent AI factions betraying one another if a good opportunity arises.
    • Another tweak to the money script to be less generous, and to withdraw the early support more slowly from smaller factions.
    • Revised General (ie non-FM named character) bodyguards and Rebel FM bodyguards.
    • Removed free upkeep from buildings which don't provide any troops, since this is redundant due to the way free upkeep is hardcoded. Given a farming and trade bonus instead.
    • Slight tweaks to mercenary pools and their refresh rates.
    • Increased the wage of assassins, to hopefully curb their use by the AI.
    • Yet more alterations to Rebel garrisons; in light of the more aggressive AI, all have gone up by one unit on average, unless they're near Pontos/Pergamon or Getai
    • Line infantry units have Guard Mode on by default - which should improve AI durability, especially in their use of the phalanx.
    • ThureosReform condition removed from Machimoi Phalangitai - though you still need either an Allied Government or Native Colony in the right place to get them.
    • Added some more Pantopapoi Phalangitai to Seleukid and Ptolemaioi starting armies/garrisons.
    • Reduced Steppe cavalry refresh rates from Saka/Sauromatae/Pahlava factional government buildings.
    • Added Native Garrisons to rebalance the change to Hellenistic recruitment. The following gain an eastcol_one: Hekatompylos and Sousa.
    • Also added some Hellenistic Colonies to some places, namely Alexandreia, Antiocheia and Dispolis-Megale gain a helcol_one.
    • Found another unit for Hayastan - Asiatikoi Hippeis - medium cavalry. Replaced Bactrian Tribesmen in native and eastcol Caucasian pools.
    • Segourina and Mada Asabara reviewed and amended. All shield values for infantry reviewed and updated to new formula.
    • All successors now start with a unit of Hypaspistai (with either the Faction Leader or Faction Heir).
    • Fixed Roman Trade Colony (there was updated code in the development build) - now possible to build it.
    • Reverted Coming of Age to 16. This does mean some factions will have fewer starting FMs than in previous versions, since they will now have to Come of Age before they appear.
    • Given Nisaya appropriate government building and added a herds building, since it's now the Pahlava capital.
    • Fixed carthage_polis and carthage_council regional recruitment pools - now broadly similar to the numidia4. Increased the availability of Libyans and reduced that of Liby-Phoenicians in the carthage_colony and military colony buildings.
    • Altered the requirements for baktria2/baktria5 and seleukid2/seleukid5 governments - they should actually be possible to build, now.
    • All Hellenistic factions now get a small pool of native recruitment with all non-precursor government buildings bar the top tier. This is not global, but in areas they had a close geographic or cultural link to.
    • Rebalanced ship costs/upkeep and refresh to reduce naval spam.
    • Change to the Industry building - added trade boosts for all levels.
    • Removed the requirement for a level 3 temple of fertility in order to have a chance of acquiring a doctor ancillary.
    • Corrected missing late units from lugia_protect building. Moved the Germanic reforms from descr_events to the campaign_script where they now have an announcement. Given them access to each other's late units.
    • Raised line infantry morale for most units by 1 point. Now averages 4 for levies, 5 for regulars and 6 for veterans.
    • Added This Year in History (starting in 271BC).
    • Cleanup of unit names.

Members thankful for this post (4):

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum 2.02 is released!

Changelist for 2.03e - hopefully people have better luck with this than 2.03d:
    • Added Nisaya's government via script, instead of the descr_strat.
    • The version you are playing now displays on the main menu option to select a new Grand Campaign.
    • Fixed the Koinon Reform; now it will complete and you can choose not to build it on the first turn it becomes available.
    • Fixed the first announcement and 272BC for the Year in History pop-ups.
    • Sweboz migration building conversion switched back to 0.5 as originally intended. Also fixed the incorrect culture type in migration2.
    • Reset spy and assassin values to those used in 2.01.
    • Removed Anatolian Spearmen from far eastern garrisons.
    • Altered Carthaginian troops in the Roman civlib building - now only available in Africa/Sicily.
    • Updated Allied Democracy hellen1/hellen2 pools - they now have units pre-ThureosReform.
    • Rewritten siege BAI to deal with a crash-trigger.
    • Reworked hellen1 and hellen2 Allied Democracy pools - phalanxes aren't available in hellen2, which made one of the lines redundant.
    • Altered the age mechanics which were causing crashes on the Roman family tree.
    • Changed the descr_cultures to remove the Huge City bug. This also needs you to run a batch file to finish the job.

Note you also need to run the batch file, though once you've done that, you won't need to do it again, unless you re-install 2.01.

Changelist for 2.03f:
    • Fixed Gandhara Reform - there was a faulty event_counter triggered by independence that the EDB couldn't read. Meaning the higher tier government buildings couldn't be unlocked. Also fixed the failure to spawn the third army, allowing the reform to be completed.
    • Yet again, addressed the Koinon Reform - this time it was always available as soon as you clicked end turn.
    • Removed the AI BOOST for KH in their government buildings - added a recruitment bonus for KH on the polis instead.
    • Added a helcol_one to Demetrias.
    • Changed costs for Arabian fleet.
    • Review of unit morale for consistency, a few have been increased or decreased by a point.
    • Increased Carthaginian forces in Spain slightly.

Only a minor one for the most part, fixing two reform events and some small tweaks. z3n is on holiday, so no new CAI/BAI updates.

I've also included my map.rwm in the zip, for anyone who can't get theirs to generate properly. If that's the case, then after copying over the data directory, open map.zip, go into [your M2TW directory]\mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base and drop it in there.

Changelist for 2.03g:
    • Tidied up Taksashila reform script.
    • Expanded the starting family tree for Saba, Pahlava, Pergamon and Bosporans - two more children; one male and one female.
    • Upgraded Sauromatae starting infrastructure.
    • Reviewed and altered starting armies and garrisons.
    • Updated the labelling of all the units in the EDU, so they're easier to match to what you see in the game. Saka and Sauromatae unit names have been amended.
    • Increased distance from capital penalty cap - can now reach -50% public order. Also raised the cap on unrest from 50% to 80%.
    • Fixed the ultra-fast conversion of saba_tribal and saba_royalgov buildings when the requisite temple was present.
    • Updated Pontos with a native recruitment pool like the other Hellenistic factions in pontos2, and removed AI Boost.
    • Turned the 10 Seleukid Generals back into Captains. Added some small Rebel forces in Gabiene, Karmania, Hyrkania and Characene - basically bandits who might keep the early Seleukid AI busy.

What I'm particularly interested in is whether the Grey Death is addressed any with this change.

z3n is back from holiday now, so in the coming week we should have some updates to CAI and other bits.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 07-06-2015 at 00:08.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast