Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hear me out...

Senior Member Senior Member Brenus's Avatar

Default Re: Hear me out...

So sorry. Out of words.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.

"I've been in few famous last stands, lad, and they're butcher shops. That's what Blouse's leading you into, mark my words. What'll you lot do then? We've had a few scuffles, but that's not war. Think you'll be man enough to stand, when the metal meets the meat?"
    "You did, sarge", said Polly." You said you were in few last stands."
    "Yeah, lad. But I was holding the metal"
    Sergeant Major Jackrum 10th Light Foot Infantery Regiment "Inns-and-Out"

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Thank you guys. I appreciate all your support.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it. She fought valiantly for 48 hours, but early this morning doctors gave us the sad news.

We're holding up, but it is hard. I've spent all this time comforting my wife, and now that she's asleep, I'm starting to feel how much it hurts me. To rob a baby of her future, it's the most terrible thing in the world. Thank you again for everything.
    My condolences.I am not going to pretend i can understand what you and your wife are going through. We are all in the hands of fate and maybe she was too good for this world. While i have no words. Here is some music for your comfort. While this is finnish.Music is a language in itself and i hope it can comfort you. My condolences.

Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

I am so sorry to hear that. I really am. I wish you all the best and will be praying for you and your wife.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

That's completely shit - I don't normally believe in profanity here but I don't have any nice words for this sort of thing.

"If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Very sorry for your loss.
    Wishing you and your wife good health and good fortune in the future.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

My condolences. I hope both you and your wife endures and comes out of this as fine as you can be.
    Last edited by Ironside; 05-17-2015 at 10:21.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

i'm very sorry for your loss, Sarmation.
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

So very sorry to hear this Sarmatian. My condolences to you both. May you find the strength to get through this from each other, your family, your friends and wherever else you find solace.
    This space intentionally left blank

Member thankful for this post:

Vuk 

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Thank you guys. I appreciate all your support.

Unfortunately, we didn't make it. She fought valiantly for 48 hours, but early this morning doctors gave us the sad news.

We're holding up, but it is hard. I've spent all this time comforting my wife, and now that she's asleep, I'm starting to feel how much it hurts me. To rob a baby of her future, it's the most terrible thing in the world. Thank you again for everything.
    Oh man... this brings back tears to my eyes. I feel a fraction of your pain. Last Monday (11th of May) I and my wife went to the hospital for an early ultrasound checkup. What was supposed to be an uplifting event to see our child for the first time ended in tragedy. The little life we expected to see on the monitor lay silent and immobile. The little boy had decided to call it a day prob. 2 weeks before the checkup (they called it a missed abortion). I have only told my father this, but your horrible experience prompted me to share. I think of the countless parents who experience similar griefs all over the world. I still feel hollow inside and keeping distracted only works so far. There are no words that can help in this... Gah!! this makes me so sad.
    Last edited by Sigurd; 05-18-2015 at 09:59.
    Status Emeritus

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

We will keep your new family in our prayers.
    I hope that the fear and frustration gives way to joy very soon.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Oh man... this brings back tears to my eyes. I feel a fraction of your pain. Last Monday (11th of May) I and my wife went to the hospital for an early ultrasound checkup. What was supposed to be an uplifting event to see our child for the first time ended in tragedy. The little life we expected to see on the monitor lay silent and immobile. The little boy had decided to call it a day prob. 2 weeks before the checkup (they called it a missed abortion). I have only told my father this, but your horrible experience prompted me to share. I think of the countless parents who experience similar griefs all over the world. I still feel hollow inside and keeping distracted only works so far. There are no words that can help in this... Gah!! this makes me so sad.
    Oh Sigurd, I'm really sorry for your loss as well. I wish your family the strength to pull through this.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Sigurd 

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

My best wishes to you as well Sigurd, it must be horrible to go though that.

Sigurd 

Sympathies to you and your wife as well Sigurd. Such a sad and terrible thing to go through.
    This space intentionally left blank

Sigurd 

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear this.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sigurd 

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Hear me out...

Sympathies to Sarmatian and to Sigurd.

Life can be pretty horrible, but until a better system comes along I'm going to drink it all in. May you and your loved ones get through this bitter experience and find sweetness again.

I wish that instead of just being able to send data quickly we could teleport to our friends in need.

Till then:
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Members thankful for this post (8):

+ Show/Hide List

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Ugh, guys, I'm so sorry for both of you. You know I'm a religious man, I'm not going to harp on that, I'm just going to say that days like these make it hard for me to understand the way the world works.

I think I'll leave it there, just... ugh.
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Sigurd 

Sigurd, words...
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sigurd 

Wishing you and your wife well Sigurd
    If its any consolation, my mother has five brothers and 4 sisters; would have had 6 brothers but one miscarried and was lost.
    It happens, but it need not deter you from dreams of a family.
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Sigurd 

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

So sorry to hear about that Sigurd. My sympaties to you, your wife and your family.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Sigurd 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Haven't been on this forum in a while.

Deeply saddened by your loss; and I will say prayers for all three of you.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

And reading further I am still more saddened.

Sigurd, you and yours are in my prayers as well.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Sigurd 

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

Thanks for the support. It's been a really hard time, but we're feeling a little better now. Of course, it will take quite a long time to feel normal again, if it ever happens. Friends and family really helped us.

Sigurd, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

I may speak more about this later, but I want you guys to know that your support was appreciated and helpful.

Vuk 

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Sarmatian and Sigurd, you have my sincerest sympathies both of you.

I also want to add that I am touched by the unity and kindness around this community, I hope that this also has helped both of you.

Godspeed, my friends.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Thanks for the support. It's been a really hard time, but we're feeling a little better now. Of course, it will take quite a long time to feel normal again, if it ever happens. Friends and family really helped us.

Sigurd, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

I may speak more about this later, but I want you guys to know that your support was appreciated and helpful.
    I know where you're coming from. At these times the kindest words mean more than you can imagine.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Sarmatian and Sigurd you have my condolences.

And IA as well.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

My thoughts and prayers to both of you
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Sorry for your loss man. You will have another baby. A son. I just feel it in my bones.
    Last edited by Myth; 06-08-2015 at 12:00.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12