Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sudden drive to make Video Games P.C.?

Default Re: Sudden drive to make Video Games P.C.?

Title makes no sense, there have always been plenty of developers that catered solely to the PC crowd. I don't think it's a sudden drive we see, but a fact that most games on consoles are relatively lackluster (so far) and the seeds of kickstarter have begun to bear fruit for the PC community.

Blog Entries

If you had been paying attention you'd know the drive being talked about is coming from gaming media, not so much from the developers themselves.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    If you had been paying attention you'd know the drive being talked about is coming from gaming media, not so much from the developers themselves.
    You didn't get the joke

Blog Entries

No I didnt. That happpens a lot, some say its because I dont get jokes, I say its because people here are bad joke tellers.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-01-2015 at 23:31.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

If everyone you meet is an asshole, you are the asshole.

Blog Entries

Or you live in San Fransisco.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 06-02-2015 at 02:33.

If everyone you meet is an asshole, you are the asshole.
    Correction: You as well are an asshole. Cuts both ways.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Member thankful for this post:

I didn't get the joke either, but didn't think about it the first time I read it.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Obligatory Glorious PC Master Race reference here.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Members thankful for this post (4):

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post

So FIFA finally has these "women", who is so secure in his manhood that he wants to throw the first stone at this feminist overreach?
    Or does anyone approve? Is it sexist to show women with short trousers? Insensitive to muslims that their heads ain't covered?
    It actually makes me tempted to play the new fifa. I want to play as the so called "pansy women" and beat up Manchester United.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    From #gamergate (whatever the heck that was supposed to be) to an article I read this morning about the unrealistic expectations video games put on men and women.
    I thought the whole point of modern gender ideals is that they are unrealistic, or at least not attainable for free.There's no money in selling older men gray hair dye. Sorry PC folks, but the problem is built into capitalism. I find it disturbing that our ideals are mostly physical/sexual rather than focused on moral values, but its a lot harder to sell forgiveness or altruism in a bottle.
    Last edited by Brandy Blue; 06-05-2015 at 01:37.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

Blog Entries

Eh, I dont think our ideals are dominantly physical or sexual, I just think that physical and sexual ideals are the easiest to exploit. Why go through the effort of figuring out how to represent charity in an advert when you can just hire a bunch of sexy models and a cameraman?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12