Poll: Are you excited?

This poll will close on 09-24-2024 at 19:06 Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Cossacks 3

Default Cossacks 3

http://www.polygon.com/features/2015...te-gsc-stalker

Economy demanded a huge amount of micromanagement. The ammunition supplies were quite the headache.

Conequently, I think I'll avoid buying it, although I feel somewhat nostalgic, Cossacks II being the third strategy game I ever played, after Age of Mythology and a mysterious 2D game of the 90s, whose title I can't even remember.
    Last edited by Crandar; 03-18-2016 at 18:05. Reason: Added a new part.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Re: Cossacks 3

Poll needs a third option, "I need more research on the game."

I never tried any of the other Cossacks games but it looks interesting.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Cossacks 2 was bad, I disliked it for the same reason you did.
    The original Cossacks however, was quite a different game, it was the game that made me choose this nickname that I have kept ever since. It plays quite differently from Cossacks 2 as well. I bought it from GOG to play it on my Notebook and the basic gameplay ist still quite fun although it seems to have some bugs that weren't there back then (might well be due to age or that I should test compatibility modes). Another pretty good game with similar yet different gameplay was American Conquest, I wouldn't mind a remake of that either.

So yes, this is actually an announcement that excites me, at least in the long term as I'm not sure whether I can play it on release.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I never played the Cossacks games but I loved the American Conquest games they had. Divided nation still remains installed on all my systems because of how much I enjoyed it despite the flaws. I hope this game succeeds so they make an American Conquest 2
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

The more I keep an eye on this game and read about it the more excited I get. I still really hope they go into American conquest later on again when/if this game succeeds.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.