Thread: Skinning problem, Retarded soldiers, PLEASE HELP

Question Skinning problem, Retarded soldiers, PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone. I followed the wonderful directions for creating units in 3ds Max by Tomislav Zeravica (youtube) and I seem to have made a critical error. On the battlemap, my soldiers look like insane man-spiders! Heads jut out on long necks, arms twist over the body, when they move they contort all over the place. It looks disgusting!

Here is a picture of the monstrosity; http://postimg.org/image/bp9ujikqx/

Granted these freaks would be the most frightening things ever released on the battlefield, but I need them to act like regular human soldiers.

So far as I can tell, every vertex is assigned to the proper bone with a absolute effect of 1.0
    Ten thousand thanks for whoever can help me out!

EDIT!

I have discovered some new information for what it's worth.
    The distortions are the result of my vertices being changed by some unknown force. When I attach the vertices of the Llowerleg to the Llowerleg bone and export it to Models_units, inexplicably, when I reimport it, these same vertices are then attached to the midcloak bone! Why in the name of Janus does this happen? Please, someone who knows their way around 3ds Max please help me!!
    Last edited by CadeyrnOfAlesia; 05-27-2015 at 01:52.

Default Re: Skinning problem, Retarded soldiers, PLEASE HELP

FIXED!!!!!!!
    To all afflicted by these woes, the solution is quite simple. For some reasons of backwards compatibility, 3ds max 2009 or later does not work with Cas files. Or at least the Cas file script that I downloaded. So the solution is to have 3ds max 2008.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Skinning problem, Retarded soldiers, PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by CadeyrnOfAlesia View Post
    FIXED!!!!!!!
    To all afflicted by these woes, the solution is quite simple. For some reasons of backwards compatibility, 3ds max 2009 or later does not work with Cas files. Or at least the Cas file script that I downloaded. So the solution is to have 3ds max 2008.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!