Thread: Total War has a Brain????

Default Total War has a Brain????

When it comes to diplomacy in Total War I'm usually disappointed. Beaten tribes suing me for peace and wanting me to pay them for it. One nation declaring on another but I cant see anyone's affiliations to the aggressors attackers etc. so I cant decide with any enlightenment. BUT today I got just a little bit of hope for Total War today.

Im playing my Jute campaign and just got done clearing up the Spanish peninsula. I jumped over the Med and went after the Maurians who I had been at war with for a long while. They were down to 1 village and 2 armies. I sent 4 full stacks at them just for the lols. Then they astounded me. As if they actually saw their impending doom they sued for peace and begged to be my tributary state.

I was dumbfounded. Brains? from the AI? No Freakin WAY. So I allowed it. Mad respect Maurians.

So there you go. That's my story of the day. I just needed to tell someone who would care. (possibly)
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

Default Re: Total War has a Brain????

In my current campaign, my Geats are by far the strongest faction. Attila is dead and the Huns are hiding their 3 remaining armies in the lands of the Eastern Roman Empire, for which I have been unable to acquire military access rights. I have 10 armies of mainly tier III infantry and nobody seems able to threaten me. Nobody except the Huns is at war with me, and even the Huns are trying to pay me for peace.

Then, two days ago, Hispania declares war on me. When my expeditionary force reaches their two settlements, I discover that Hispania has absolutely no military force at all, not a single man. Their settlements are only defended by their town garrison. Yet, they somehow saw wisdom in going to war with me.

Senior Member Senior Member ReluctantSamurai's Avatar

The Black Knight strikes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjEcj8KpuJw
    Last edited by ReluctantSamurai; 05-31-2015 at 12:58.
    High Plains Drifter

Member thankful for this post:

Cazbol 

I guess its still touch and go then... but I was amazed that this happened
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing