Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

Aaanddddd here we go!

According to the latest Rally Point, our beloved Medieval Total War is coming to Steam.

That means no more video card problems and dozens of fixes, plus you can have it alongside your other Total War games. Plus, more players to this incredible game, hopefully the MP will work out as well.
    Woo woo woo
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Members thankful for this post (2):

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Medieval Total War is coming to Steam!

If they have fixed the problems with the video cards and newer OSes, this is really something to celebrate!

I wonder how the Steam version will work with mods...
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

I also wonder how multiplayer will work. STW/MTW were more about MP battles (and player clans) than the later titles.
    This space intentionally left blank

I suppose that's better then nothing; Steam sucks. I'd been much happier if they went with GOG.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Technically, it should allow the MP scene to play on hosted servers, given that the game is now reworked for the modern video cards and Steam.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that bit when I was watching the video. (I thought I was hallucinating at first!) Definitely outstanding news!

Quote Originally Posted by drone View Post
    If they have fixed the problems with the video cards and newer OSes, this is really something to celebrate!
    Indeed. I really hope they have; that would be simply fantastic!

I wonder how the Steam version will work with mods...
    That was my other main question/concern as well (other than the compatibility with modern machines/OS's). Here's hopin'!
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Please, oh lord, please.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

I'm not so sure about that,as I've been trying to get a clear answer from them on that regard on the Total War official forums,and they haven't replied to my question/s as of yet. I'd like to think they know better to release a game in this condition but after Rome 2, I'm doubtful let's just say.

Apparently, Medieval TW will get Windows 7 & 8 compatibility, along with large screen usage (16:9 and 4:3) and some form of MP through LAN.

Proud

Been to:

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    Apparently, Medieval TW will get Windows 7 & 8 compatibility, along with large screen usage (16:9 and 4:3) and some form of MP through LAN.
    Source?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

Poster on TWC on the Medieval thread, to be confirmed.

Proud

Been to:

Ah. My inept google skills can only find Med II links, an old totalwar.com thread, and this thread. It would be nice to see something official.

It was posted on reddit by Nico, unfortunately because this is a new account I can't link it yet, but searching for this quote + Last Roman Campaign pack should turn up the reddit thread.
    Both games will now support wide-screen, high resolution (16:9 & 4:3), Windows 7 & 8 if purchased through Steam.
    There hasn't been much information the last few days, so I just hope everything works later today ;-)

Member thankful for this post:

Ludens 

Reddit link - http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/com...pj7g?context=4

Indeed, confirmed by the guys at CA.

Proud

Been to:

Welcome to the Org, Deheer, and thanks for the update!

For those not wanting to sully their browser histories with reddit, the thread says today (June 25th) for release. So yeah!

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

For those not wanting to sully their browser histories with reddit, the thread says today (June 25th) for release. So yeah!
    That is correct sir.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345260/
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    Superb!

Proud

Been to:

Purchased. The old version runs for me, but for $10 I can switch machines on travel without worrying about graphics cards and such. Work isn't leaving me much time now, but I'll start looking into installing mods onto the Steam version soon.

Could someone who has already bought the new steam version make some tests and write a short review? I wanted to buy it but screenshots like this tell me that not all problems were fixed for the steam release. I wonder if there are more of them left.
    Last edited by Stazi; 06-26-2015 at 12:46.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Downloading it now

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Could someone who has already bought the new steam version make some tests and write a short review? I wanted to buy it but screenshots like this tell me that not all problems were fixed for the steam release. I wonder if there are more of them left.
    Steam does have a reasonable return policy. You have 14 days from purchase, as long as you don't play the game for more than 2 hours.,

I got that problem from time to time with the CD version. I could always fix it by:

1: Pause

2: Group some units, even if I didn't want them together

3: Return the Grouping setup to how I liked it

4: Unpause

So it might be a MTW problem rather than a steam problem.
    In those simple times there was a great wonder and mystery in life. Man walked in fear and solemnity, with Heaven very close above his head, and Hell below his very feet. God's visible hand was everywhere, in the rainbow and the comet, in the thunder and the wind. The Devil too raged openly upon the earth; he skulked behind the hedge-rows in the gloaming; he laughed loudly in the night-time; he clawed the dying sinner, pounced on the unbaptized babe, and twisted the limbs of the epileptic. A foul fiend slunk ever by a man's side and whispered villainies in his ear, while above him there hovered an angel of grace . . .

Arthur Conan Doyle

CTD at 1151 3 times now

My money cannot exit my wallet fast enough.

I'd like to know that as well,and also,is modding it on steam easy? As I've had problems with other games in the past on this matter. In the Old one I could load up Gnome Editor and change the units as I felt fit,but this may not be the case if it's on Steam.
    Last edited by oz_wwjd; 06-27-2015 at 13:12.

Can you run the game at maximum resolution now?

Proud

Been to:

BrownWings: AirViceMarshall Senior Member Furunculus's Avatar

Awesome. Linux support?
    Furunculus Maneuver: Adopt a highly logical position on a controversial subject where you cannot disagree with the merits of the proposal, only disagree with an opinion based on fundamental values. - Beskar

I changed the resolution and that has seemingly fixed my issue

Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    Awesome. Linux support?
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I can run it at 1920x1200. Pretty!

Member thankful for this post:

I modded out peasants and ballista without any problems, so you can edit game files and run. Not sure how to manage multiple mods, maybe just do the same as non-Steam, except you would need to copy the desired mod into your Steam dir before running?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast